BCCI News & Updates

They will for sure. I just hope they concentrate there, and the whole focus shifts to F1 from cricket. may be the cricket team will perform lot better with politicians away from it.

I just need 1 sports in india which distracts our cricket audience concentration to that sports....I would be happy if it is hockey....The sports should earn more & more....i really pitty them and my heart goes for them....In a happy that even though i am a cricket fan but my viewing to cricket its very very less for the past 2 years....I am no more an addict to Cricket....rather now i am addicted to F1....

I just need 1 sports in india which distracts our cricket audience concentration to that sports....I would be happy if it is hockey....The sports should earn more & more....i really pitty them and my heart goes for them....In a happy that even though i am a cricket fan but my viewing to cricket its very very less for the past 2 years....I am no more an addict to Cricket....rather now i am addicted to F1....

Right now the only sport capable of challenging cricket in India is football and maybe to some extent tennis. F1 is not that popular compared to the other 2. If only Indian football team plays a little better and improve it's ranking then cricket might lose the number 1 spot.

For sure if india does a great job atleast like entering into WC matches in the sport of football its will be bigger and bigger threat to cricket...because the visibility of the sport is very very very high when compared to cricket...regarding tennis well its just an indiviudal sports were we are doing some decent job and its not a threat to cricket....

The threat for cricket is Football & hockey...but it becomes a threat only when we start winning or playing well in those sports....

Till the time its all cricket cricket..........OMG..give me a break...

----------

More than the audiences...i am fed up the news channels only...more than the audiences the news channels feel the pinch on india's loss and win.....

----------

i think you underestimate the popularity of F1 in India. 🙂

I feel F1 is popular in metros and some tier 1 cities and rare fans here and there in other cities and town.....

I feel that Football, Hockey and tennis are much popular than F1 in india....

I'd have to agree with ajuravi. Sports like Cricket and Hockey cut across a much wider demographic in India as against formula 1. Of course the people interested in f1 are usually in the non bottom end of the income spectrum.

Indeed. Hockey and football have a great reach. Need strong promotion for it.But it was funny to see the same people getting the power to turn down a law against them. Shameless politicians. The public shud be more ashamed to elect them.Anyone noticed how Sharad Pawar if offthe radar when there is talk of corruption. Thos guy has some serious connections in media too, never was his namw mentioned when he is the biggest of all corrupt leaders...

I am pretty sure that india's ranking in football will improve in the next 5-10 years as many european football teams have set up coaching schools and talent hunts here. Not sure if it will improve enough to qualify for the world cup in the foreseeable future. All we need is to qualify for the world cup to knock cricket off the top spot.

The Kochi Tuskers Kerala IPL franchise has been terminated by the BCCI for breaching its terms of conditions, the new board president N Srinivasan has said after the annual general meeting in Mumbai.
"Because of the irremediable breach committed by the Kochi franchise, the BCCI has decided to encash the bank guarantee in their possession and also terminate the franchise," Srinivasan said. When asked if the franchise had any chance of return, Srinivasan responded: "No, we have terminated the franchise because the breach is not capable of being remedied."

IPL news: Kochi franchise terminated by BCCI | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo