kindly help!

• Thread starter Thread starter spikystud07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,294

spikystud07

ISP
mtnl
hey guys,at the onset i would like to mention that i am not well versed with the technical terms,a noob in other words:redface:.

i subscribed to the 590NU plan way back .well everything was hunky dory,when all of a sudden ,about one month ago,i just totally lost my speed,the plan says as all of u kno that i am supposd to get 256 kbps but since the past one month i am gettin a download speed of max 25 kbps,previously it ws arnd 200-202,i tried callin up those losers at 1504,but all they end up sayin is that "we have forwarded your complaint to the server room,it'll be fine in 2 days",but its been more than a month now, i called them up about a hundred times,they give me some num like 243... n it either ends being the number of the dial-up section or its engaged,one time they gave me the number of a P.C.O.
i am tired of callin them up almost evryday now,if i am payin nearly 600 bucks every month,i should get my worth but no one responds,they either tell me to "restart my modem" or "restart my computer".

even durin the morning,the Time to Download is around 40-50 seconds for 1MB.
i am fed up,can anybody give me any suggestions,is it because of my telephone line,coz i cant pick my phones in the other rooms when my modem is on,i mean the modem sound is pretty loud when its switchd on,so its difficult to speak on the phone.
but the phone immediately next to my modem is working perfectly,also i have a parallel connection,but nowadayz i cant hear anything if someone else has picked up the phone in the other room,but my speed problem started a while after my phone line problem.
someone please advice.

and this is what i got from 192.168.1.1,can you guys tell me if its allright or anything wrong with it?

SNR Margin (dB): 24.0 12.0 Attenuation (dB): 47.0 29.0 Output Power (dBm): 4.1 2.5 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 3296 1096 Rate (Kbps): 256 256 K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 9 9 R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 0 0 S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 1 1 D (interleaver depth): 1 1 Delay (msec): 0 0 Super Frames: 368278 368276 Super Frame Errors: 18 0

https://www.speedtest.net
this is the speed i am getting,but inspite of this the test on mtnl's website tell that it takes 41.756 seconds to download 1mb of data,can someone tell me whats wrong?

is there something wrong with my tel line?coz i get modems noise out loud in the line when am talkin on the phone

welcome mate....as far as ur prob is concerned, u've been assigned right speed now... 590NU has 256 kpbs = 32 KB/s max.... u jus enjoyed screwin MTNL for a while, which is now eventually fixed... If u want to continue, then call 1504 and change ur plan to 840NU...if ur net connection is stable, then don bother much of noice..

welcome mate....

as far as ur prob is concerned, u've been assigned right speed now... 590NU has 256 kpbs = 32 KB/s max.... u jus enjoyed screwin MTNL for a while, which is now eventually fixed... If u want to continue, then call 1504 and change ur plan to 840NU...

if ur net connection is stable, then don bother much of noice..

But the thing is my d/l speed is 215 kbps,but even still i am just gettin 25kbps max for download even though the actual speed is much greater,could this be because of my tel line?because like i said before the modems noise is pretty loud when i pick up my phone,i can barely hear anything when i am talkin to someone

there is a difference between kbps and kBps.
1 Byte = 8 bits
what you are getting now as download speed is 25 kBps (ie 25x8=200 kbps) and earlier you used to get was 215 kBps (ie 215x8=1720 kbps).
you were connected to 2048 kbps earlier by mistake and now you have been assigned the correct speed of 256 kbps.
590NU plan is supposed to be connected at 256 kbps.

You are getting what you have been committed. Till now what you were getting was BONUS! Even if u call them 1000 more times, they will not do anything bec you are asking for something (speed) which u cannot have being on 590NU.

there is a difference between kbps and kBps.
1 Byte = 8 bits
what you are getting now as download speed is 25 kBps (ie 25x8=200 kbps) and earlier you used to get was 215 kBps (ie 215x8=1720 kbps).
you were connected to 2048 kbps earlier by mistake and now you have been assigned the correct speed of 256 kbps.
590NU plan is supposed to be connected at 256 kbps.

But correct me if i am wrong isnt the speed which is showed on speedtest.net in kbps and not kBps😛.even before when everything was running smoothly i tested my speed it was the same,around 256 kbps,it didnt show anything like 2048 kbps,thats nuts!😗my speed was never in the 2mbps range,it was always in the 256 kbps bracket,so why the difference now?

and i dont believe download accelerator shows the speed in kBps,its always in kbps,so the speed i am getting ritght now as u think is not 25 kBps but 25 kbps

speedtest.net shows speed in kbps.dap shows speed in kBps.so you are getting 25 kBps.you have mentioned that it takes you around 45 seconds to download 1 mb, which is correct for 256 kbps.

check ur speed on mtnl speed checker... DAP shows speed in KB/s - download something from microsoft site to check... speedtest.net shows in kbps....

And consider yourself lucky that you enjoyed higher speeds for so long instead of complaining for getting what you are suppose to get!

@spikystud07. How many phones you have connected ?
All Phones and extension phones MUST be connected AFTER the splitter.
If you check the the modem check DSL status. There you will find the limit of your d/l and u/l
Speed test at BSNL site is unreliable. test at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test mumbai and a distant( preferably U.S) location.

Broadband - Help & Support

SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio)
This is a bit like television reception. A high SNR means you're getting a good clean signal with no static or interference. A low SNR and broadband signal is being drowned out by noise. Watching a bad TV picture may be annoying, but you can still use your TV. With your broadband, lots of noise can quickly lead to a complete loss of your connection. SNR is not usually provided as a line stat, most hardware will show SNR Margin instead.

Line (Downstream) Attenuation
This describes the loss of your broadband signal over distance. The greater your distance from your local telephone exchange, the weaker your received signal is likely to be. If the quality of the telephone cable is poor, this can also increase attenuation.

* 75 dB+ Out of range for broadband
* 60-75 dB up to 512kbps
* 43-60dB up to 1Mbps (higher speeds with MaxDSL) my comment MaxDSL an ISP
* 0-42dB up to 2Mbps+ (higher speeds with MaxDSL)

A dB (Decibel) is a measure of sound intensity. It's a logarithmic unit,
so an increase in 3dB is equal to double your original intensity.

UNquote

And consider yourself lucky that you enjoyed higher speeds for so long instead of complaining for getting what you are suppose to get!

[sarcasm]that was pretty informative.[/sarcasm]

well anyways,thnks to evry1else for sharing their inputs,at least now i dont have to bang myself against the wall by callin them:wall:

p.s:my speed DID improve a bit though,its twice my previous speed now,its now averaging 50 KB/s,well,at least something paid off:thumbsup: