Kevin Pietersen forced to retire

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 12,695
That's Sad. he was the best ODI batsmen for England

- - - Updated - - -

Also, he could have played World Cup T20 & then retired 😕

"For the record, were the selection criteria not in place, I would have readily played for England in the upcoming World Twenty20."

The terms of ECB central contracts state that any player who makes themselves unavailable for either format of one-day cricket is automatically ruled out of selection for both ODIs and T20s.

But..its a dangerous precedent, players retiring at 29,30, 32...

However, we have others balancing it at 38,39,40 😀

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thats why I said he could have retired from ODIs after World Cup T20, its not that far away, and he would have had to play the ODI series against the Windies & SAfrica , thats it

Yeah.... He could have spoken to the board about resting for a couple of series as well among Aus/SA/WI.

Some contract issue must be there with ECB.otherwise last year when he was dropped for odi series against india, he was very disappointed and eager for a comeback.Graeme Swann who every now and then lambasts ODI and says it should be Scrapped continues to play in it

Yeah, I expect a lot of things to change over the next few years in the decade in cricket, lets see, how things go.

Blame this on the IPL circus ... When these international players get so much money for featuring in a 2 month circus why would they continue playing for their country for long unless they are very patriotic like Sachin Tendulkar .. Also England was never Pietersens home country so all the more reason he wont really care .. The so called patriotism is only in our sub continent and none of the other nations really care .. best example is gayle plays all over the globe in T20s and doesent feature in WI is so sad .. Players like Dwayne bravo can easily walk into WI test side but hes busy dancing taking wickets for CSK ... Crickets truely ruined by IPL .. They first ruined the tv coverage and now quality players are retiring at such young ages .. SAD !!!!!

Actually Gayle's case is same like KP. West Indies is not his country, Jamaica is. But yes, he represents his country by being part of Jamaica. Dont see I-PL dying in the near future, expect all boards & all to fall in line with BCCI's whims ultimately

IPL is partially to be blamed. Take a look at the ECB's rules, I guess according to them Pietersen cant play T20 as he was rested...something like thatWho will take all this.international ODIs and T20s are of no use. People see ur test record for greatness. For bank balance, u have IPL.Anyways IPL is based on football where in clubs are given more preference

Good bye England in T20s and ODIs. Dont think they are gud enuf in these formats without KP!
Finally, Ravi Bopara might get a proper chance to be a regular 😛

Eng beat Aus 4-0 & Bopara starred well the series 🙄

On a separate note
England news: Kevin Pietersen keeps one-day door ajar | England Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Kevin Pietersen has kept the door open for a return to limited-overs cricket for England and is still hoping for a late change of policy by the selectors to allow him to appear in the World Twenty20. Although, he admits that both scenarios still remain unlikely.

"Never say never. I'm a lot older and more mature than a few years ago, so you never know," he told the Daily Mail about whether he would return to coloured clothes. "Anything can happen. I'll never say no, but the schedule would have to be a hell of a lot different for me to come back. Wait and see.

"I've had my wife, mother, dad, mother-in-law, brothers and my best mates all saying to me 'don't you wish you were out there batting against Australia?' And I've said to them I haven't missed it at all. But maybe all I needed was a break. Who knows? I've played a lot of cricket in the last seven years."

As for the World Twenty20, which takes place in Sri Lanka from late September, where England will be defending their title, Pietersen has always been clear that he wanted to play in that tournament.

"I still hope there might be a compromise for the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka," he said. "The squad hasn't been announced. I would love to play in that and defend our title with England. If it happens, great, but I'm not holding my breath."

England news: Kevin Pietersen reveals England u-turn | England Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Has he been spending too much time with Afridi, Younis, Yousuff etc?

Kevin Pietersen has sensationally opened the door for an England comeback in limited-overs international cricket, admitting he would "love to play for another three or four years in all forms of cricket."

It is understood that Pietersen's representative privately met ECB officials to discuss a return on Thursday night. Pietersen is also thought to have met Hugh Morris, the managing director of England cricket, earlier in the week.