Karnataka: BSNL Bharat Fiber New Plans (30/100/200/300mbps)

Waiting for self care to show as complete 😋

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-05-16-45-53-099_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_2020-10-05-16-45-53-099_com.android.chrome.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 198
Guys I cannot believe it my plan just got changed today . The story goes on like this

I being frustrated from local BSNL CSC called B`lore CSC (Rajaji Nagar) and told about plan change request . She told me to mail some person with a email ID caotrw@gmail.com and guess what , I sent a mail at 11.11 AM . Rebooted the router at 2.00 PM and boom Plan changed

Getting around 80ish speeds on download
What you emailed? who is he?

I also donno who he is
I just mailed him my telephone number and Name associated with it . Just done the work . after mailing I didnt get reply also . Just opened selfcare request had changed status , rebooted router ......started getting speeds

Content of Email

Hello Respected Sir/Madam , the telephone number ------------------- in Shimoga has a plan change request to Fiber Value 100 Mbps . It is in the name of ---------------. Please activate it at the earliest

Last edited:
After my plan upgrade by nib (local exchange wasn't providing 200mbps ) somehow my pppoe is rekt , they are getting it fixed from nib now

Got the call from the BSNL CSC saying the plans are available only for "Urban Areas" 😡. I don't know, what they mean by Urban, how they separate urban & rural areas.

They rejected my application, and the self-care portal request is still "open".

Yeah, it was about the written application.

Regarding the selfcare the same old reply, they are not aware of the selfcare portal. They will only accept the requests if they get confirmation from the main branch. If they get any, I have to write another application for the same if I want to change the plan.

Got the call from the BSNL CSC saying the plans are available only for "Urban Areas" 😡. I don't know, what they mean by Urban, how they separate urban & rural areas.

They rejected my application, and the self-care portal request is still "open".
Mail the email id in my previous post . You may get help

I have a doubt, even if I got the plan activated somehow, Would I get the speed? I get over 300 Mbps on Ipv6, I think my connection doesn't have any network congestion so in theory, it is plausible. My question, is there anything they need to do at my exchange (nearest BSNL CSC) to get the promised speed?

I guess not, if you are getting the speed over IPv6 most likely the infrastructure supports it (well, atleast for a single user, not sure how it would be with multiple users on the same 300 mbps plan). The speed/throughput enforcement is by the system and most likely done automatically so nothing manual is required.

In Kerala, unfortunately they have now capped IPv6 speeds to plan speed. All usage is now getting tracked and accounted for. 😔 No more uncapped and unmetered traffic over IPv6.
@varkey Do you experience low latency and good experience on IPv6 ?