Karnataka: BSNL Bharat Fiber New Plans (30/100/200/300mbps)

ISP
▪️ BSNL Fiber
▪️ Jio 5G
▪️ AS139195-Seans Media
I was on a telephone conversation with BSNL FTTH Department and they said the BSNL department which handles Online applications for everything on Selfcare has been closed (regional-Shimoga) . There are close to 10k applications pending for my area.

The request from Selfcare is taken manually and changed

The department has been closed due to Covid reasons . I have a running Plan change application(new plan) and now I have to go to the office like a 90's guy standing in line for a tariff plan change 😓 in Covid

If some of your plans are not getting changed this may be one of the reasons

Last edited:
All the requests from Karnataka handled in Shimoga? or is it city specific?

It is city specific. The lady was very humble though and said she had not much idea about these plans (quite surprising).
It is shame on BSNL part how they couldn't automate such a petty job having such a huge customer base

It will take time surely for everyone to get the plans.

Poll in your experience data here( a centralized thread):

Yeah , agree on that. But these times where even grocery is being ordered online , going to BSNL office for plan change is not feasible

Last edited:
I will try that . Thanks for suggestion
But last time when I called BSNL Main customer care for Billing issues , they said they only have viewing rights. Nothing can be changed from their side
Let me see what happens with plan change

I am from mangalore.. i tried to change plan through selfcare but the new plan is not available in the list.. on calling customer care they told the site may not be updated and i asked them to change plan for me but they said even they cant change plan.. so go to any near by telephone exchange and they will change the plan..

So i have to visit exchange on monday only...

Update :- The plans cannot be changed by CC . The CC told me the plan gets changed after 24 hours of selfcare request. And tells me to contact local BSNL office if it doesnt happen . I am like
--------------------------------------------------------------------
bollywood storm GIF

Last edited:
In our area office the JE had met up with accident and other employees took vrs .. so now only one temporary staff availabe... So i have to visit main mangalore office only... Big headache...