• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,423

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
Anyone in Delhi or around.. how good it this place? Read a fantastic review on this restaurant.

For starters, I'd recommend the Mutton Burra (succulent pieces of mutton cooked in an oven). Believe me, you have not tasted softer mutton.[/b]

http://inhome.rediff.com/getahead/2005/sep/02karim.htm

Have to visit Delhi in Jan, and this review make it look like a place to be. How far is this address from IIT?

Karim's
Jama Masjid
Gali Kababian
Old Delhi -- 110 006

Originally posted by netfreak@Dec 13 2005, 09:35 AM
Anyone in Delhi or around.. how good it this place? Read a fantastic review on this restaurant.
http://inhome.rediff.com/getahead/2005/sep/02karim.htm

Have to visit Delhi in Jan, and this review make it look like a place to be. How far is this address from IIT?

Karim's
Jama Masjid
Gali Kababian
Old Delhi -- 110 006
[snapback]35524[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cant say about the food,but the place is somewhere in old delhi area.It will be atleast 1 hour from IIT,if you travel properly.

they have a branch in gurgaon. or atleast the name is the same. and the food is ultra expensive. but the one at Jama Masjid is VERY famous and yeah they say the food is equisite.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Dec 13 2005, 09:16 AM
the one at Jama Masjid is VERY famous and yeah they say the food is equisite.
[snapback]35529[/snapback]
[/quote]

thanks for the reply, looks like I will be travelling an hour for dinner 😀 😀 Gotten used to that kind of travel in Mumbai.

I have been to the GK I branch a few times. Never been to Old Delhi ever 😛The food is a lil spicy for me (have low tolerance) but very flavoursome. Try one mutton dish atleast with naan.

drop by my place some day in Mumbai. We have about 45-60 restraunts and eateries near my place 🙂

Well the old and original Karim is located opposite Jama Masjid but the area can be really crowded at times and it can be unpleasant for those not used to it.They have branches at various other locations in Delhi..one at Nizamuddin too. But thecheapest food available is at Jama masjid outlet whereas at the other branches they merely sell the same dishes at twice or thrice the price.But still its one of the better places to eat non-veg in Delhi though their standards have really dropped in the past 15 yrs.