Kairali TV removed by TataSky on Oct 13

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,765
Saw that today morning....Bad for malayalam viewers....I believe that over all TS is removing 4 Malayalam channels....I guess TS is doing this probably they might be having very less malayalam viewers....Till the time TP issue is not resovled this thing would continue to add new channels....

i think Tata is going to withdrawn their services from Kerala. So Only Surya they are going to provide for name sake?

I think none of the kerala people will be itnerested to go for TS at this point of time due to less availability of malayalam channels...

If Tata Sky drops the remaining channels then they will lose 4 connections in my house...I guess it might be a small number and might not matter to them but trust me many mallus across india will boot ts out....I guess that number will be substantial to an already fledgling service....already there is a hue and cry of not able to view kairali in my house but the end will come if they pull out surya and asianet...Videocon seems to be the best dth at this point of time with better channels....so lets see how intelligent or stupid ts will be in the coming months...right now Iam fuming and gave a piece of my mind to a ts cc.

Totally agree. I have been a loyal TS subscriber since 2007 and have so far resisted the temptation to jump to other DTH. Having only 4 Malayalam channels when everyone else has 10-12 is pretty bad. Unfortunately am in the mega pack valid till Jan. Will change once that expires.

If you are a malayalam customer with TS definetly its not good to have TS at this point of time...Even the nwe malayale customers should not buy TS as they have very very less count for them...

They should have spared some popular malayalam channels atleast.They cant think of removing tamil or telugu channels coz both are bigger markets.But One can expect them to add more malayalam channels once Gsat10 is launched 2nd quarter next year.But it is atleast 6-8 months away.

Little off topic. Any one owns both TS HD and Airtel HD. How is the pic quality on Airtel as compared to TS on an LCD TV? I do have a regular Airtel SD connection for my 2nd CRT TV, but have not been able to compare both on LCD.c I am planning to move to Airtel HD Recorder on my main LCD TV once the Annual Pack duration is over.

Since kerala is known for strikes and hartals how abt a hartal on mallu channels discrimination by ts......

They are still trying to convince us to retain the connection by giving vague assurances like they are working on it to restore those channels back. When i told one of the reps from Tata Sky that i will disconnect the service he even told me that it's the broadcaster's who dropped those channels not Tata sky. He was dumb-folded when i asked him why other providers are broadcasting those channels which as per TS has been dropped by broadcasters. I'm waiting till i exhaust my TS account balance so that i can move to Videocon D2h.