Justice Suresh Kait: "Like China, we will block all such websites"

• Thread starter Thread starter iCon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 10,243
as we can see from this thread that high court judges have gone nuts. who knows what is the condition of supreme court judges!

hehe..yep they are nuts whos bolts DHEELA are needed to tighten :iconrofl:

Its high time and important to ask one single question " How far are we going we going to sacrifice our freedom of expression (#protectFoE) and freedom of speech to soothe the religious fundamentalist ? "

India got freedom in 1947. Indians still waiting for freedom 🙁

Govt sanctions prosecution of Google, Facebook - India News - IBNLive
The Government has given sanction for the prosecution of social networking sites like Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Yahoo India in the ongoing spat between the companies and the Government of India over content regulation.
Earlier in the day, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo India had sought exemption from a Delhi court as the matter is still pending before the High Court.
A Delhi court also issued summons to the various foreign-based social networking sites to face criminal charges for allegedly hosting objectionable contents and directed them to appear before it on March 13.
It asked the Ministry of External Affairs to get the summons served on these companies.
The court direction came after the counsel, appearing for Facebook India, said over 10 out of 21 companies named as accused in the case were foreign-based and that the court would have to issue process to serve the summons on them.
The court was hearing a private complaint filed by a journalist Vinay Rai against these firms for allegedly web-casting objectionable contents.
The summons were issues to the sites including Facebook, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo and Youtube.

So Vinay Rai, editor of an Urdu journal Akbari is person who filed complaint...

So Vinay Rai, editor of an Urdu journal Akbari is person who filed complaint...

Just a proxy like many other cases.

Apparently this Vinay Rai guy think that in western countries, all Youtube videos are pre screened! The unveiling of such breathtaking stupidity simply rocks me back a step. What the hell is he smoking?Where is the outrage this time? When Sibal tried to to this, all of India was up in arms. Now what? No Twitter trending topics...nothing. This is all possible because of the IT laws the govt. sneaked under our noses for precisely this purpose. We now pay the price for our silence and carelessness.We can still raise our voices. Tweet about this. Blog about it. Spread the news, and we can still make ourselves heard. Otherwise, ta ta...the social networks fight alone, and who will be the biggest losers? Us.

heh i think the biggest losers are going to be data mining companies. though it would suck to be out of work (for me).

Apparently this Vinay Rai guy think that in western countries, all Youtube videos are pre screened! The unveiling of such breathtaking stupidity simply rocks me back a step. What the hell is he smoking?

Where is the outrage this time? When Sibal tried to to this, all of India was up in arms. Now what? No Twitter trending topics...nothing. This is all possible because of the IT laws the govt. sneaked under our noses for precisely this purpose. We now pay the price for our silence and carelessness.

We can still raise our voices. Tweet about this. Blog about it. Spread the news, and we can still make ourselves heard. Otherwise, ta ta...the social networks fight alone, and who will be the biggest losers? Us.

^^ agree 100 %, IT act 2008 was when Indians went to sleep and lost their rights in one go.

as for this Justice Suresh Kait he should be ashamed of making statement like this, comparing the world's largest democracy to the one the most oppressive govt in the world does not befit a sitting justice of Delhi high court. as for the govt they were waiting for this long time but again these asshats don't understand a thing of internet this not some book for painting which which you can easily ban or remove, this content is put by billions of ppl worldwide across the globe, there are no frigging borders on net , GET THIS IN YOUR THICK HEADS YOU MORONS ! { sry for caps 😛]

as per no nothing on FB or trends yep you are right , netzins will have to make a noise on net , the law is clueless , govt wants control , it upto netzeins to come out and fight .. again.
lol as for serving summons , do these guys thing that anyone is going to come, reminds me of the the case in Pakistan against FB and and the pending arrest warrant for mark mark zuckerberg there , looks india is following in the footsteps of all the right countries / sarcasm on .

p.s does any one has list of ppl and companies being served ?

Seems really a good idea to me too! Too bad even the courts here are useless. I think the main reason behind all this is that the Judges of these courts or even the politicians, are personally biased against the Internet revolution thats going on.....their age - the bloody oldies always hate all such stuff.

I call it Talibanisation of India.......You cannot protest against the govt and if you protest you will be beaten up in the dead of the night......You cannot even protest in the cyber world now....."They will ban it like China".....or they will censor the words "Sonia and Rahul" on the websites like Pakistan does it.....I don't know why the govt is so worried about National Integrity when they themselves divide the people for votes.....They have enough resources to censor websites but they don't have resources to secure common people.....

I don't know why the govt is so worried about National Integrity when they themselves divide the people for votes