Just upgraded to home combo ULD 999, But just getting 4mbps :(

• Thread starter Thread starter Buster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,013
ISP
BSNL
Okay, I just upgraded from ULD 675 to ULD 999 which offers 8mbps_25gb/1mbps beyond... And here is the speedtest result :

3763898458.png

I tried many times but i get around that speed all the time.

But here is the pic from my modem :

-- dead tinypic image removed --

It shows 8mbps downstream.. But still i only get 4mbps... Is there anything i can do ? I called bsnl guy and he said everything is alright and good 😵..

Help me out. Thank you.

File a complaint about low speeds. If nothing else works, PGPortal should fix it for you. You should get 6.4mbps or better on your 8mbps line.

Download Ubuntu through torrents is another good way of measuring the peak speeds on your connection. Unless of course, your ISP is tempering with torrent data.

Download Ubuntu through torrents is another good way of measuring the peak speeds on your connection. Unless of course, your ISP is tempering with torrent data.
550-600kbps on utorrent...

I guess you are referring KBps instead of Kbps. If yes, you are getting proper speeds.

I get 3.2mbps on my 4mbps line on BSNL. Not happy but cannot do much about it. BSNL Exchange retards do not give a shit.

They might have to refresh the backend.

I had something like this a while back (on Airtel). Was on 2mbps & asked for 8mbps. Line stats & even speedtest showed 8mbps! (Lesson learned - Don't blindly follow speedtest.net), but downloads were stuck at 2mbps.
I called them & they refreshed something. Rebooted & got 8mbps. They 'claimed' that the backend would automatically refresh at midnight, so even if I didn't call, I would get 8mbps after that.

I can't remember what the actual problem was. Refreshed the profile, maybe?? Anyway, it might be the same issue.

Last edited:
May be BSNL in my place is good or I am near to exchange or line condition is good, I always got almost the promised speed.

Do one thing, download something from any filehosting sites using a download manager. That will clearly show the full speed. Cheeers !

Yes, it has shown me. I faced the same doubt at start when I changed the plan. Later I started calculating the speed by downloading files from filehost. Even now if I check with the BSNL speedtester it lies, but when I download some files then it will show the expected speed.