Just had Tata sky broadband connection installed

• Thread starter Thread starter nuclearrambo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 15,922
Ok guys got my TS connection. Opted for the 200 Mbps plan to begin with. Fingers crossed.

@Chip Hows it going? You happy with the connection?

It is too soon to say bro. Now here's another problem. Unlike Airtel, these guys don't know how to switch the Nokia to bridge mode. Damn! I asked them for a dumb ONT.

Try to contact the backend engineer. Those who come for installation can give you their contact. You just need to ask. Also did you get full access to the router?

@nuclearrambo yes I have to get this done. They said these dumb ONTs are not available freely because very few opt for them. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I will ask them to provide a bridgeable wi-fi ONT. I seriously don't know what's wrong with these ISPs!

Are you able to connect to 1.1.1.1 CloudFlare DNS? I am seeing a lot of TSBB users are having issues connecting to 1.1.1.x whereas 1.0.0.x works.

Hi all. I got the ONT router changed to a basic ONT modem (G-010G-Q). I am using Pfsense to negotiate the pppoe connection. Works just fine. The only issue is the CG NAT IPV4. And apparently there is no way you can get public IPV4 with TSBB even if you are ready to pay. That is just sad.

Any advise from people using Xbox Live on TSBB?

@Chip How did you get 1.1.1.1 to work? Doesn't work for me at all.

@morecrap not sure what issue you're facing. I used 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as a DNSes for a pretty long time but now have shifted to Google and OpenDNS for now.

Posting here since this is an active thread:

Tata Sky BB now offers 500 Mbps and 1 Gbps connections in Pune. It'll vary from area to area and availabililty is to be confirmed by a call centre.

Prices for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and annual are as follows (excluding GST!!):
a) 500 Mbps - 2300, 6900, 12900, 24600
b) 1 Gbps - 3600,10800, 19800, 36000

500 mbps is a good move. There should be more plans between 300mbps and 1gbps from all the providers. I would prefer to take a 500 or maybe 750 mbps plan if it were to be made available because usually on 1gbps you probably only get 850 to 950 mbps speed.