Just got a brand new Airtel Broadband Xstream Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter yihoyok965
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 9,426
So Xstream app is now available for Android TV platform, but not for normal android box. Possible reason why it does not work for general android box or firestick. But then should work for Mi Box.
However, both mobile app and on browser, live tv is available. If its not available on the Android TV version, then it is a restricted version of the app.

just saw the xstream app has a 2.7 star rating on google play
el GIF

Edit: Mobile version has got a solid 4.3 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me make it clear. There are 2 apps with the same name- Airtel Xstream. One is intended for Android TV and is just a content aggregator like Jio TV+ and the other for smartphones which can be used to watch live channels.
So you need to recharge minimum ₹153 to watch OTT on Airtel Xstream Box. As simple as that.

Last edited:
So Xstream app is now available for Android TV platform, but not for normal android box. Possible reason why it does not work for general android box or firestick. But then should work for Mi Box.
However, both mobile app and on browser, live tv is available. If its not available on the Android TV version, then it is a restricted version of the app.

Of course live tv would not work on Android TV app....if it did then who would buy their DTH....

@yihoyok965
So, for new users if one gets monthly ₹499 plan, installation charges of ₹1000 apply?

no security deposit?

They have to be paid (₹1000+₹499) at end of 1st billing cycle?

Yes, a relative paid installation charges online at Airtel site for 499 plan on Saturday, 12th Sep. And it was to be paid upfront.

1000 Installation Charge + 499 for 1 month with GST - around 1700 is what he said he paid. No Security deposit - No Stream Box.

Hello,

I recently applied for Airtel Fibre line with following details -

The sales representative informed me that after a monthly charge of 499 (excl tax), no other charge needs to be paid for using airtel xstream box and wifi. I can even watch live TV via xstream app which comes free with my plan. for other OTT services, I have to buy plan separately. I was Ok with this and went ahead with connection.

Now the Wifi team visited and installed the broadband, however there is no clue about the airtel xstream box and the customer care is hiding citing reasons of Covid-19. Somehow I got hold of one senior person from DTH team, and they informed that I was provided with false information and apart from 1500 refundable amount for xstream box, I have to pay installation charges for wire more than 8meter + few box which needs to be installed as part of wiring, along with monthly subscription of 153 for activation of xstream box. Also, I wont be able to watch live tv with airtel xstream box after 3 months.

All in all, Airtel is simply fooling customers with half knowledge Sales team. Initially they act that Airtel Fiber team will do all things, and once your broadband is installed, they dont care about the xstream and other services committed.

The Sales person simply said - Sorry, i was not aware about change in plans and now you have to pay all the extra money to continue services.

"Kudos to wonderful team of Airtel"

So apart from ₹1000 installation fees, they charge you for wiring? Is this also if one doesn’t get xstream box?

I must say Airtel Sales is one of a kind.

My friend applied for Xtreme Fiber in Bangalore for replacing his Hathway and confirmed this over phone to the sales guy, he assured again and again, and even said the upload speed will be around 36Mbps and same for download speed.. next day they installed ADSL/VDSL to his place and speed is Down 24Mbit Up 0.44 Mbit

I am advising him to take legal action and ask for refund, but very cleverly that sales guy did not write things about fiber on whatsapp chat, every time he asked on whatsapp, he replied over call with false assurance. Sales guy did not write much on whatsapp so that he is legally held accountable. It seems it was a waste of 1600 bucks (1000 installation + 499 + tax).

How to they get such audacity to cheat customers in today's time?

EDIT: I asked my brother in Bangalore to reach the sales and make them write false claims for legal reasons. same happened, lots of assurance that you will get fiber etc, speed will be this/that.. then I asked to ask for 100Mbit connection once they are ready (as this is not possible on DSL techs), then they denied by calling and accepted that it will be ADSL and we will run copper to your home.

Attachments

• 2020-09-16 19.31.24.webp
    2020-09-16 19.31.24.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 330
Last edited: