Just Curious

osinghrathore

Hi guys, I was wondering if the MTNL TriB Plan is really a broadband, cuz I think as per TRAI guidelines connections with speeds 256 or above are broadband connections. And we usually get speeds under 256 ( on an average I m getting 29 KBPS i.e. 232 Kbps) Just curious about it.

well it depends on many factors how much download rates u get.and what more can u expect in india

Adsl2+ is the most advance technology .....I am Proud it's available here only thing matter it's a Cinderilla Broadband i.efrom 0000 to 08 only... At 56 kb U get 5 KB download speed (Modem)At 256 Kb U get 25 KB download speedBut we get 29 KB download speed so we can say Yes it's A BROADBAND.

MTNL provides dedicated bandwidth of 256kbps..but it really depends how far ur house id from the exchange...In my case, my house is about 3-4kms from exchange..but i still get in excess of 256kbps..I get download spead of 32.5KBps constant...:-D

Originally posted by whitelotus@Sep 14 2005, 12:57 PM
MTNL provides dedicated bandwidth of 256kbps..
but it really depends how far ur house id from the exchange...
In my case, my house is about 3-4kms from exchange..but i still get in excess of 256kbps..I get download spead of 32.5KBps constant...:-D
[snapback]25072[/snapback]
[/quote]

whitelotus u r really lucky 😀

Actually I know that I can't expect much better in india and ADSL 2+ is the most advanced tech. MTNL is using.. but point I wanted to make that acc. to TRAI guidelines a broadband connection must have constant speeds of 256 Kbps or over.

But here we r under 256... so isn't my point valid 😛

according to TRAI..the company which provides speed more 256kbps or more can be termed as a broad band provider..

MTNL is providing u a complete bandwidth of 256kbps and nothing less..

but the problem is ur house may be too far from the exchange..thats y u r not getting full d/l speed..

TRAI dosent care wat d/l speed u r getting in ur home...it just checks that whether the service company is providing u complete bandwidth or not...which in case MTNL is providing

u must hav noticed other cable companies like SIFY..HOTWIRE..etc use the term
UPTO 128kbps connection,..what it means??..it means..u will never get complete bandwidth..in my case..i had 64kbps connection..but got only 50kbps bandwidth...

But u can see all MTNL advertisment...they have never used the word..upto
all their advertisment states their bandwidth is 256kbps..which is in complete accord with TRAI's requirement..
GOT my point? B)

TRAI dosent care wat d/l speed u r getting in ur home...it just checks that whether the service company is providing u complete bandwidth or not...which in case MTNL is providing[/b]

Right said "whitelotus".....totally agree with u....... 🙂

Originally posted by whitelotus@Sep 14 2005, 12:57 PM
MTNL provides dedicated bandwidth of 256kbps..
but it really depends how far ur house id from the exchange...
In my case, my house is about 3-4kms from exchange..but i still get in excess of 256kbps..I get download spead of 32.5KBps constant...:-D
[snapback]25072[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have 256 Kbps NU plan. I have never got a speed less than 46 KBps so far. And the average is around 55 KBps. I think my exchange is real good. Although it is 3 kms from my home. I hope to get this speed always.

@tmbcworldi think ur luckycause they hav set yer data rate to 512 ka inetead of 256 😛