Finally caught it in theater. Hall was still 70% full. Had to book tickets online to avoid getting the super shitty seats. The movie itself? It felt like they decided to make a b-grade parody of the original trilogy. characters were not fully developed. the people in charge of the dinosaurs looked like amateur idiots. a lot of things did not make sense. but then it is a movie about dinosaurs. the last 10-15 minutes were moderately interesting. rest of it was complete shite.

Haha almost same as my views. The actor and actress were over acting right from first scenes!

But Irfaan was great - they should have kept him alive. (Like owner in original JP too)

I actually was hoping that the sea monster would be the villain in the movie. Too bad they ended up with a T-Rex wannabe. To be fair, the concept that raptors would not attack him because he was part raptor was quite nice. Though they messed it up in the end when they did end up attacking him because they suddenly rediscovered their love for the StarLord. Another messy thing was how they showed T-Rex almost as a pet. And Bryce Dallas Howard while being such an amazing actress was crap in the movie with a strange wig to give her a corporate bitch look. Especially how they show her running around (even getting T-Rex to follow her) even when she was in heels. The kids were awful. But they usually are in movies these days. Original handled the kids beautifully. Sadly, they left scope for sequels which are no doubt coming considering the money this movie made (over 500 million dollars in just four days).

I think I am going to watch the original to forget this mess. This movie seriously missed Jeff Goldblum.

Kids in original really acted well... they got really scary look! (in JP 2 or 3 - the girl acted well too)