• Thread starter Thread starter real_india
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,720

real_india

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Guys something is wrong tonight. I am getting upload speeds in the range of 40-45 KBps (at times even touching 50 KBps) 😱 Earlier only download speed used to double during the night time but today for the first time in 10 months the upload speed has also doubled 🙂 Either this is due to some sort of work going on at backend or this is Aritel's diwali gift 🙄 Please reply if you are also getting an increase in upload speed during the night along with your loaction.

Well even i did not get any double uploads at nite on my 128k connection for a good 9 months. It was only after i learnt about the upload being doubled and banging my head with the cust. care of Airtel for a week did the problem get rectified. The problem was my modem's upstream that was set to 128. Now both down and upstream have been set to 576.

@Karan_S thanks for the reply. You are right even my Line Rate - Upstream is now set to 576. Earlier it used to be 256. Long live Airtel India'a best ISP 🙂

if airtel was the 'best' isp, they would get this setting corrected at the time of installation. i myself never got the optimum speed for around 4 months before i had to fight it out with the local representative. none of them would come at the night time to see that i am not really getting the double speeds which i am supposed to get.

QUOTE(Karan_S @ Oct 23 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]66289[/snapback]
The problem was my modem's upstream that was set to 128. Now both down and upstream have been set to 576.
[/b]
Where is this setting exactly... in the modem setup ?

Was under the impression such changes were only possible from Airtel's side.

Since i'm in BLR (no night time dbl speeds on offer here) i doubt i would qualify for such a boost 🙁

My current upload rate on the 256 package is 128kbs...approx 15-16kB/s

Yeah. How do I set down and upstream to 576. Also how do I check if I have double speeds at night or not?

QUOTE(blr_p @ Oct 23 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]66324[/snapback]
Where is this setting exactly... in the modem setup ?

Was under the impression such changes were only possible from Airtel's side.

Since i'm in BLR (no night time dbl speeds on offer here) i doubt i would qualify for such a boost 🙁

My current upload rate on the 256 package is 128kbs...approx 15-16kB/s
[/b]

Well Airtel was the one that changed the settings on their DSLAM not me. Thats why i mentioned banging my head for week with thier cust. care people. You can only view the settings in the modem. Thats how i figured out the problem.

@Crazysah: If your speeds double after 11PM then you are getting double speeds.

QUOTE(Karan_S @ Oct 23 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]66364[/snapback]
You can only view the settings in the modem. Thats how i figured out the problem.
[/b]
My question still remains ..

Where in the modem setup is this displayed ?

you cannot change the settings yourself... Airtel does it from the backend.

i am moving to airtel soon and i have tried almost all isp in my area and was able to get into each one of their servers to my purpose..dunno about airtel but i expect good service from them

QUOTE(blr_p @ Oct 23 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]66372[/snapback]

[/b]

Which modem are you using?

QUOTE(blr_p @ Oct 23 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]66372[/snapback]

[/b]

Well i don't know about Beetel web distributor II but in 220Bx you can find these values at either:

-->192.168.1.1 --- DSL Status

OR

-->192.168.1.1/main.html --- Device Info

By the way thanks once again to Karan_S for bringing this to the attention of Airtel tech team. I am assuming that you are from Delhi. It certainly has helped me here in Noida 🙂

karan, you are lucky to get upstream as 576 because it Airtel network, its nearly impossible to get upstream as 576 in such a congested network like airtel ... maybe company have installed a nwe RSU/DSLAM very near to ur location...

The mantra is The more near u r to the DSLAM/RSU, the more speed u'll get & face less problems

& Sushubh, that double speed in night is not Promised from airtel's side, IT MAY GET DOUBLED, MAYBE NOT ALSO. IT TOTALLY DEPENDS ON THE TRAFFIC ON SERVERS IN ANY GIVEN TIME