Jump In Upload Speeds?

real_india

Regular
Regulars
Guys something is wrong tonight. I am getting upload speeds in the range of 40-45 KBps (at times even touching 50 KBps) :eek: Earlier only download speed used to double during the night time but today for the first time in 10 months the upload speed has also doubled :) Either this is due to some sort of work going on at backend or this is Aritel's diwali gift :rolleyes: Please reply if you are also getting an increase in upload speed during the night along with your loaction.

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
Well even i did not get any double uploads at nite on my 128k connection for a good 9 months. It was only after i learnt about the upload being doubled and banging my head with the cust. care of Airtel for a week did the problem get rectified. The problem was my modem's upstream that was set to 128. Now both down and upstream have been set to 576.

real_india

Regular
Regulars
@Karan_S thanks for the reply. You are right even my Line Rate - Upstream is now set to 576. Earlier it used to be 256. Long live Airtel India'a best ISP :)

Sushubh

Administrator
if airtel was the 'best' isp, they would get this setting corrected at the time of installation. i myself never got the optimum speed for around 4 months before i had to fight it out with the local representative. none of them would come at the night time to see that i am not really getting the double speeds which i am supposed to get.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
QUOTE(Karan_S @ Oct 23 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]66289[/snapback]
The problem was my modem's upstream that was set to 128. Now both down and upstream have been set to 576.
[/b]
Where is this setting exactly... in the modem setup ?

Was under the impression such changes were only possible from Airtel's side.

Since i'm in BLR (no night time dbl speeds on offer here) i doubt i would qualify for such a boost :(

My current upload rate on the 256 package is 128kbs...approx 15-16kB/s

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
Regulars
Yeah. How do I set down and upstream to 576. Also how do I check if I have double speeds at night or not?

Karan

I am a n00b
Regulars
QUOTE(blr_p @ Oct 23 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]66324[/snapback]
Where is this setting exactly... in the modem setup ?

Was under the impression such changes were only possible from Airtel's side.

Since i'm in BLR (no night time dbl speeds on offer here) i doubt i would qualify for such a boost :(

My current upload rate on the 256 package is 128kbs...approx 15-16kB/s
[/b]

Well Airtel was the one that changed the settings on their DSLAM not me. Thats why i mentioned banging my head for week with thier cust. care people. You can only view the settings in the modem. Thats how i figured out the problem.

@Crazysah: If your speeds double after 11PM then you are getting double speeds.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
QUOTE(Karan_S @ Oct 23 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]66364[/snapback]
You can only view the settings in the modem. Thats how i figured out the problem.
[/b]
My question still remains ..

Where in the modem setup is this displayed ?

torrentbhai

Regular
Regulars
i am moving to airtel soon and i have tried almost all isp in my area and was able to get into each one of their servers to my purpose..dunno about airtel but i expect good service from them