Jugnoo inserts a popup ad inside competing apps like Uber & Ola? (Update: Official "Feature")

Happening with Ola too!

They are clearly mentioning this as a feature themselves, its not being done secretly

OBHCX41.png

Damn. So that's what the Jeanie feature is. 😕 I was wondering what it stood for. Still doesn't feel right. And its not reach from anywhere but from inside the taxi apps.

Ugh. Coupled with the daily notification spam... I should find a new auto app.

This is why I like CyanogenMod, you can edit permissions for apps

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it require the same permission on Marshmallow devices? I have not seen the popup on my phone personally. I have also not see Jugnoo ask any permission to overlay over other apps.

BTW. I have also been unable to delete files on my computer through Solid Explorer and ES Explorer. Is that related to Marshmallow again? The apps are not updated to ask me permission to delete files on network drives?

I did not have this problem on Turbo which was on 5.0.2.

It won't need any separate permission to overlay on apps. As long as it can keep running in the background, it can do that. If you disable its permission to run in the background, it won't be able to. This along with Greenify basically prevents the app from running at all until you explicitly click on it.

Strange. I do remember that to overlay over other apps, apps needed a specific permission. Facebook Messenger Chat Heads was one of the first major apps to use it on a large scale. And then other apps started doing it. Like sharing apps. Instead of opening a new full screen mode, they just added a popup on existing app like browser to enable the sharing. I cannot locate that permission on Marshmallow. :\