Joker

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 5,398
Alien? What?

trailer looks okay-ish, just like in the case of tees maar khan. tees maar khan was awful, hope this is not the same!

read in newspapers today that this movie has aliens 😀

Just today? I knew Akshay was in it long back.

he has been on a roll with shitty movies. i do not think he has done anything decent since singh is king. even that was not decent from most angles but i did enjoy it a lot.

i said shitty movies. not flop movies. i doubt any of his recent movies have made a loss. most movies recover their costs before the release even though music/satellite etc rights.

Just read the Wikipedia entry (Haven't seen the trailer) ... Seems, they have randomly mashed up 2-3 plots.

This film is a mess, and has a flop written all over it. Commercially. I fail to understand why Akshay has to persist with this idiot for the 3rd time in a row.

from the trailer... akshay along with his girlfriend returns to their village. he notices that the village does not have basic facilities. he tries to contact government bodies to get the necessary stuff done. turns out his village does not exist on the map so basically no government body wants to deal with them. he decides to put his village on the global map by creating a fake controversy related to crop circles and aliens landing in their village. media from around the world lands in their village. some reporters are suspicious. so they have to expand the scam and involve fake aliens to make the story believable. i see signs of... swades... pipli live... and a bunch of other movies.

From Wiki

In 1947 when the maps of India and Pakistan were being drawn, an oversight ensured that the village of Paglapur didn’t find a place in either country. The village had the distinction of housing the largest mental asylum in the region and in the melee that ensued during partition, the asylum inmates broke loose, drove away the villagers and established their own republic in Paglapur. And that’s how it stayed for the next 60 years! While the world outside changed, Paglapur remained isolated, with no electricity, television or sanity! Now, decades after the world forgot this village, a NASA scientist of Indian origin, Raj/Agasthya (same name as Akshay Kumar had in Jaaneman) and his wife, Manali find themselves on the road to Paglapur. Raj is working on a top secret project for creating a device to communicate with aliens. So why is he in a village whose colourful inhabitants include a man who speaks in gibberish, another who thinks he is a lamp post and everyone else who think Mahatma Gandhi is still around, fighting for independence?

Hmmm.....