Joister Broadband

@varun120
I will let you know. I am planing to start using their connection from 15th of this month. I have told them that i will be taking it & they told me the building has Fiber connection so they will giving me a Cabled connection with CAT 6. also they will be upgrading the switch installed in the building to a gigabit one so it can handle such bandwidth.

aasimenator said:
@varun120
I will let you know. I am planing to start using their connection from 15th of this month. I have told them that i will be taking it & they told me the building has Fiber connection so they will giving me a Cabled connection with CAT 6. also they will be upgrading the switch installed in the building to a gigabit one so it can handle such bandwidth.
Is it unlimited? You didn't mention that.

aasimenator said:
@varun120
Yes it is unlimited.
Did the installation take place?
Can any building have fiber connection? Cause the building I'll move into, some one is using You broadband and Honesty which is also fiber I suppose, so there should not be any problem with joister, am i right?

@varun120
No i have not yet taken the connection, the only thing holding me back is lazy cable operator.
I sent him this email on Sept 6th.
Please provide the following information so I can keep it on record with me.

Plan Name:

Plan Speed
Download:
Upload:

Bandwidth Limit:

Price:
Billing Period:

Contact #1:
Name:
Number:
Timing:

Contact #2
Name:
Number:
Timing:

Wiring Charges:
New wiring will be required as the old ClassicNet wiring was cut off when I took a different connection.
To which he replied on Sept 7th
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]I hv aleeady asked for the details from syscon. [/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;] I will let u know the details of the plans asap i get.[/color]

Then no reply from him, yesterday i sent him an email again
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Any Update? as i told before I needed the connection by 20th as my current plan expires so i wanted to start your services by 15th but you have not even yet sent me the details of the plan. 🙁[/color]

To which he replies
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Its a broadband plan check on their web site. [/color]

To answer your question, its not that simple these ISPs / LCOs pay for the Fiber cables and usually tie up with the builder during construction so even if you have fiber you may have monopoly in you build for YOU / hatway. And if its just a Fiber connection in each house and no actual fiber to the building then you can opt for whoever is providing.

even i had called up the joister guy more than 2 weeks back, and he told me that he would email me info on plans. that never happened, though i had emailed him. does anyone have any idea if they have monthly plans too? i am interested in a 2 mbps monthly plan. or will have to call him again, only to listen to the same line. 😕

^ Hmmm... Weird he had told he he would send a msg & he did that almost immediately. so ask him to send you a msg instead of email.. as they do take a long time to send emails,
And if you see the image on page 1 you will see the contact numbers for local area's at the bottom of the image.

झुंजार said:
even i had called up the joister guy more than 2 weeks back, and he told me that he would email me info on plans. that never happened, though i had emailed him. does anyone have any idea if they have monthly plans too? i am interested in a 2 mbps monthly plan. or will have to call him again, only to listen to the same line. 😕
Dude, I had called him 10-15 days back, he said joister is still not available in our area. And, all the information about tariff and plans will be decided by the LCOs. They will not be available in our area for at least a month..

Well then these plans suck ass. I thought it was 16 Mbps and 25 mbps unlimited. i think it depends on the area and LCO.

@AbhishekS
Yeah those seems like LCO's plan, and not what Joister is providing.. Please contact them and may be show them the image that was posted on the first page.
My LCO said the same thing, the plan is not for everyone as they don't really make much profit on it. So they push other plans to you.

aasimenator said:
@AbhishekS
Yeah those seems like LCO's plan, and not what Joister is providing.. Please contact them and may be show them the image that was posted on the first page.
My LCO said the same thing, the plan is not for everyone as they don't really make much profit on it. So they push other plans to you.
But, you are getting that 25 Mbps unlimited plan right?
These sons of bitches LCOs deliberately skip all the plans. My LCO said he would charge 30000 rs per annum for 5mbps unlimited plan, of 1&1(honesty). Which on their website shows for only 10000 rs.