JioGigaFiber: How is the infrastructure of JioGigaFiber?

Shubham

Regulars
Jun 17, 2018
If they are using Mobile Tower as Backend.

Get ready for the high pings and congestion boys.
I can confirm what the installation engineer told me was in fact that these fibres are coming from mobile towers however he also claims the wiring is completely different, there would be no drop in speed due to congestion because it is Fibre to Home and it is directly connected to backend offices.

Only time will tell what happens with GIgafiber.

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
Appears that at Mussorie, Giga services are sharing the Street lighting poles along with many other service providers. At least in our area in Hyderabad, Jio erected dedicated GI poles for their exclusive use. While Jio Giga and ACT have erected their exclusive GI poles, others are running their fiber and other cables on Electric poles, trees etc.,

Shubham

Regulars
Jun 17, 2018
Earlier jio was taking that approach, setting up exclusive poles for itself. However, people protested against it something about ruining "beautification of the town" so Jio started using existing poles for setting up their fibre lines.

And because Mussoorie and Dehradun have same Municipal Corporation I think that's why they didn't set up poles in Dehradun either.

Reactions: MSR Murthy

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
The Street Lighting pole is of course very beautiful, may be of Pre-Independence Era. But how far do these cables on and around add to the beauty?

krish80

Jun 5, 2019
@MSR Murthy Does ACT have any dedicated GI poles. I thought that they kept using electricity poles by GHMC.

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
ACT were running fiber on the electric poles in our area earlier like any other. Later they erected poles in some areas and transfered some cabling on to poles, but it is partial. Jio, though they have started about a month later, runs ONLY on GI poles and it is a neat job.