How is the infrastructure of Reliance Jio Fiber?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 39,118
If they are using Mobile Tower as Backend.

Get ready for the high pings and congestion boys.

I can confirm what the installation engineer told me was in fact that these fibres are coming from mobile towers however he also claims the wiring is completely different, there would be no drop in speed due to congestion because it is Fibre to Home and it is directly connected to backend offices.

Only time will tell what happens with GIgafiber.

@SG_curiosity I think the orange wire is for their public wifi service. My friend sent me this pic
Source

He was visiting Mussoorie and apparently the whole town has Jio public wifi.

Appears that at Mussorie, Giga services are sharing the Street lighting poles along with many other service providers. At least in our area in Hyderabad, Jio erected dedicated GI poles for their exclusive use. While Jio Giga and ACT have erected their exclusive GI poles, others are running their fiber and other cables on Electric poles, trees etc.,

Earlier jio was taking that approach, setting up exclusive poles for itself. However, people protested against it something about ruining "beautification of the town" so Jio started using existing poles for setting up their fibre lines.

And because Mussoorie and Dehradun have same Municipal Corporation I think that's why they didn't set up poles in Dehradun either.

Reactions: MSR
The Street Lighting pole is of course very beautiful, may be of Pre-Independence Era. But how far do these cables on and around add to the beauty?

@MSR Murthy Does ACT have any dedicated GI poles. I thought that they kept using electricity poles by GHMC.

ACT were running fiber on the electric poles in our area earlier like any other. Later they erected poles in some areas and transfered some cabling on to poles, but it is partial. Jio, though they have started about a month later, runs ONLY on GI poles and it is a neat job.

The orange cables run from jio towers to the gigafiber towers could be to provide the VOWIFI facility to mobiles. In areas like multi storied complexes and villages where mobile tower signal strength is low, the last mile connectivity may be provided through the fiber cables. From mobile towers to the mobile, when the tower signal is low, the call takes the route: nearest destination mobile tower >> orange cable >> fiber boxes >> fiber cables >> ONT >> wifi >> mobile.

Last edited:
Should for best results ultimately. To start with each should be able to do within his own network. Ultimately all should agree and serve all. TRAI cannot ask for this as this was not documented earlier. The agreement to serve others will only be on mutual basis. When all 3 or 4 perties provide this service, then only true VoWifi benefits can be achieved by all subscribers.

Just wanted to add that if anyone has seen Jio FOC going to their mobile towers then its because they are connecting many mobile towers to their main FOC backbone 🙂 to improve speeds. And if speeds r affected then its quite easy to fix the problem as they wont have to dig up again to implement the changes.

BTW The FOC used in my colony to connect junction boxes in all bldgs to their main duct on the foothpath is green in colour. Will try to add a pic if I can find a break in the conduit 😀 (like I said in one post their installation is v shabby)

Last edited:
So if the wires and Boxes of Reliance are installed on Poles. After how long they would start providing the connections to the customer?

@ajgamer There is no fixed timeframe. For me, it was 2 months but my friend in a different area (same city) is yet to get the connection despite the fact that the wires were laid in the month of March in both of our areas. In fact, they laid the wire in his area first then mine.