JioFiber: How to connect JioCall via. Second Router in Setup?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 8,341
D

Deleted member 63558

Hello! I have this setup:

JioFiber Modem --> EdgeRouter-X --> All Devices.

When I connect Android Phone directly to the JioFiber, I am able to use JioCall.

But, When I connect Android Phone to EdgeRouter-X Router, JioCall says "Check Internet".

Why is that so and How can I fix it?

@Lobogris @MSR Murthy @Nikhil Sharma

@Sushubh EdgeRouter-X is set to 192.168.1.1 as DNS. (Which is default of EdgeRouter-X)

P.S.: I think your reply is deleted meanwhile I was posting this reply.

Sorry, I don't really have any idea. My guess is the Jio router is programmed to treat Jiocall app in a special way, meaning some special handshake happens and then the app data is treated differently leading to a voip protocol. When the connection is coming through another router then it comes as any regular data. I am not sure how this could be fixed as Jio CSRs and field folks are totally ignorant about all technical aspects. Perhaps you can connect the phone to Jio router and use the other one for WiFi?

Well it wouldn't work, Jio needs to validate that you are trying JioCall over the specific JioFiber connection. It could be making internal calls to the JioFiber router so having another NAT layer in between would cause it to break.

For example when using a JioFI you need to be directly connected to the JioFi device for the JioCall thing to work otherwise it fails validation.

What is Call over WiFi then? I mean, WiFi Calling in iPhone?

How that work with JioFiber AND Jio 4G?

That's totally different from JioCall, JioCall appears to be something proprietary.

Whereas the WiFi calling in iPhone and Android phones is an open standard and operators can support it. However even in that, I think they could potentially allow WiFi calling from only certain regions or certain networks etc if required.

That's totally different from JioCall, JioCall appears to be something proprietary.

Whereas the WiFi calling in iPhone and Android phones is an open standard and operators can support it. However even in that, I think they could potentially allow WiFi calling from only certain regions or certain networks etc if required.

I agree because you can use this app even on non LTE android phones to make calls.

Hello! I have this setup:

JioFiber Modem --> EdgeRouter-X --> All Devices.

When I connect Android Phone directly to the JioFiber, I am able to use JioCall.

But, When I connect Android Phone to EdgeRouter-X Router, JioCall says "Check Internet".

Why is that so and How can I fix it?

@Lobogris @MSR Murthy @Nikhil Sharma

it should work automatically no special setting is required.

My setup is JioFiber modem > Archer C6 > Devices. I am able to use JioCall via both methods i.e. connecting through JioFiber modem or Archer C6

Just ensure your DHCP is enabled, which it usually is in most cases.

^ DHCP is enabled but it's not working for me. Could you go in detail how does your setup work?

As I said before I just connected Archer C6 via ethernet cable to Jio FIber, I didn't do any setting except for changing the SSID and password for C6, it automatically detected the internet and when I connected the devices to C6 JioCall started working.

Maybe restart your whole setup once. Switch off everything, then first start the JioFiber modem when that gets connected start your other router.

@mayank yadav Haha, My setup is complex so I didn't mean to explain everything there and tried to keep it normal so that I can have attention on my main concern only.

I have multiple access points connected to my EdgeRouter-X. 🙂

I thiink @Shubham got jiocall working because dhcp is probably being handled by jiorouter instead of his C6 where as in your case edgerouter x is handling dhcp. Basically you have a double NAT. I would suggest you to use wireshark and identify the port used by jiocall and forward it on the edgerouter x.