JioFiber: How to connect JioCall via. Second Router in Setup?

• Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 63558

Hello! I have this setup:

JioFiber Modem --> EdgeRouter-X --> All Devices.

When I connect Android Phone directly to the JioFiber, I am able to use JioCall.

But, When I connect Android Phone to EdgeRouter-X Router, JioCall says "Check Internet".

Why is that so and How can I fix it?

@Lobogris @MSR Murthy @Nikhil Sharma

D

Deleted member 63558

@Sushubh EdgeRouter-X is set to 192.168.1.1 as DNS. (Which is default of EdgeRouter-X)

P.S.: I think your reply is deleted meanwhile I was posting this reply.

Lobogris

Sorry, I don't really have any idea. My guess is the Jio router is programmed to treat Jiocall app in a special way, meaning some special handshake happens and then the app data is treated differently leading to a voip protocol. When the connection is coming through another router then it comes as any regular data. I am not sure how this could be fixed as Jio CSRs and field folks are totally ignorant about all technical aspects. Perhaps you can connect the phone to Jio router and use the other one for WiFi?

varkey

Well it wouldn't work, Jio needs to validate that you are trying JioCall over the specific JioFiber connection. It could be making internal calls to the JioFiber router so having another NAT layer in between would cause it to break.

For example when using a JioFI you need to be directly connected to the JioFi device for the JioCall thing to work otherwise it fails validation.

D

Deleted member 63558

What is Call over WiFi then? I mean, WiFi Calling in iPhone?

How that work with JioFiber AND Jio 4G?

varkey

That's totally different from JioCall, JioCall appears to be something proprietary.

Whereas the WiFi calling in iPhone and Android phones is an open standard and operators can support it. However even in that, I think they could potentially allow WiFi calling from only certain regions or certain networks etc if required.

socrates

That's totally different from JioCall, JioCall appears to be something proprietary.

Whereas the WiFi calling in iPhone and Android phones is an open standard and operators can support it. However even in that, I think they could potentially allow WiFi calling from only certain regions or certain networks etc if required.
I agree because you can use this app even on non LTE android phones to make calls.

Shubham

Hello! I have this setup:

JioFiber Modem --> EdgeRouter-X --> All Devices.

When I connect Android Phone directly to the JioFiber, I am able to use JioCall.

But, When I connect Android Phone to EdgeRouter-X Router, JioCall says "Check Internet".

Why is that so and How can I fix it?

@Lobogris @MSR Murthy @Nikhil Sharma
it should work automatically no special setting is required.

My setup is JioFiber modem > Archer C6 > Devices. I am able to use JioCall via both methods i.e. connecting through JioFiber modem or Archer C6

Just ensure your DHCP is enabled, which it usually is in most cases.