JioFiber always assigns public IPv4 address from Bhubaneswar region whereas I'm located in Kolkata

ISP
JioFiber
I got my JioFiber connection last month. I've noticed that it always assigns me a public IPv4 address from the Bhubaneswar region, whereas I'm located in Kolkata.

Although it's not a major issue, but many apps report that I logged in from Bhubaneswar, Odisha instead of Kolkata.

Is there any way to fix it and get an IPv4 address pool from Kolkata region?

No, you can't really do anything about that, Initially living in Mumbai, I was getting IP location of Dombivli and when I got a static Ip it shifted to Nashik.

You can try contacting your ISP provider, not help support, but the local guy(not sales) and ask him if he can fix this.

Is there any way to fix it and get an IPv4 address pool from Kolkata region?
This is a non-issue because ISPs assign IPs based on availability. You can't do anything about it. I too get IPs that show my location in towns in Maharashtra primarily cities in Western parts of the State. Frankly, I am happier with non-precise IP geolocation data. 🙂

Geolocation offered publicly by websites is often based on old data. ISPs are free to change their IP address distribution however they see fit. Same applies to owner of IP addresses, which is often indicated as “Your ISP“ by the same websites. IP addresses get traded around a lot especially in a country like India with a huge shortage of ipv4 addresses. Don’t bother with the details provided by these websites.