Jio Website and app recognize my HDFC Credit card as Debit Card.

• Thread starter Thread starter CHOPSHOT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,217
ISP
BSNL Bharat Fiber
Hi !

I tried to recharge my Jio mobile today using my HDFC Credit card via the JIO website as well as the app and both the times my transaction got denied by the banks's side and i noticed that Jio was labeling my card as debit card and not Credit card, so to verify if my card is working i tried to recharge using the same card on Paytm and it was successful.

Can anyone else verify if they have faced similar problem on the Jio platform or any other website while making payment using credit card and it gets labeled as Debit card and not Credit card?

Which card is it? Try tagging then on twitter

mine is working fine but technically its a diners club card not typical visa/mc.

I have tried using credit cards several times. OTP of bank is received but the verify page and verify icon hang. This looks like a baniya technique to avoid commission on cards. Rather irksome to customers and shameful for Jio to work like this. The chat feature does not help at all. They seem to be fooling customers and make them pay instantly without intermediaries except mobile apps. Very bad for a large company.