Jio seems to be using single IP for my network.

Lolita_Magnum

ᓚᘏᗢ
ISP
AS17665
AS11158
Regardless of whether I restart or not or even let it stay off for hours, the WAN IPv4 Address (which is a /21 subnet) I receive on my JioFiber ONU and the Public IP Address do not seem to change.
This does not seem true for IPV6 though. Is this normal?
Surprisingly UDP Port Forwarding works really well, and I have had OPEN NAT in many applications and P2P games with almost no configuration/port forwarding. Albeit, UPNP works like a charm too.

My only complaint would be the FTP hijacking for which the Appellate has promised that they are working on it on a priority basis.

This is could be an issue if one has bad actors sharing the same IP Address. Since I had to apply for unban request with the Rizon network to connect.

That's how jio works mostly. Since they allow partial port forwarding. Like say 3 ports/customer.
They mostly assign static leases that are very long in duration of multiple weeks/months in order to get the port forward under CGNat to work

Due to recent monsoon there have been power cuts in my area, and the Jio ONT would restart many times a day. I would get a new public IPv4 about every 2 days in case the ONT restarts. The longest I've stayed was for 27 days, but an ONT restart changed my IPv4

I have had Jio Fiber for some time now so just wanted to give my 2 cents here.

Your Public IPv4 (allocated according to CGNAT allocation of their area) will not change by router reboot. It changes automatically from their backend. The rotation period varies but typically varies around 1 month (except a couple times when due to system issues on their side it went beyond 2 months)

If you want to get your IP address changed (IPv4) then you need to talk to some technical person on the Customer Care number and give them some reason like some websites are not loading and/or being very slow. I needed to do this once since I inadvertently ran a Tor Relay on my Public IP address given by Jio and then websites started blocking me which is when I realized what I had one.

For IPv6 changing is much easier. If rebooting ONU and/or your system is not changing your IP Address then go into ONU settings change IPv6 mode between stateful to stateless -> restart -> stateless to stateful -> restart. This whole process might take 15--30 minutes but your IP Address will be changed 100%

Hey, I had my ONU off for like 2 hours, IP address on Public Finally changed though surprisingly the WAN Address is the same. 🙂
Surprisingly, IPV6 does not seem to change no matter what I do.

IPV6 does not seem to change no matter what I do.
Yeah, I am having the same IPv6 prefix for around 1-2 months now even after their scheduled maintenance. For IPv4, my address gets changed after their private WAN IPv4 lease expires (don't know the exact time), but both my private WAN IP and Public IP changes if I turn off the router overnight. I have done this several times as sometimes I get IPs which are blocked by Rockstar Games (may be because of some modder).

Last edited: