Jio Preview Offer stopped for loyal Jio/LYF handset customers

Zaman2011

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I have been using Jio preview offer for the last 3 months and I expected it to be at least kept activated till the commercial launch of the network. Like everyone one, I bought the LYF handset (Wind 4) for around Rs.6800 only for the preview offer. But it seems they are leaving the loyal Jio/LYF handset buyers in the lurch now. I received the following message today:

Dear Customer,
Your Plan Unlimited Jio - LYF Prepaid Offer for Jio number 7xxxxxxxxx will expire on 08:45 PM Aug 25, 2016. To recharge from a range of packs using MyJio, click www.jio.com/GetMyJio
Thank you,
Team Jio

I suppose they are opening up their network to the public free of cost while leaving their loyal customers behind who paid for the LYF handsets only for the preview offer. Not the best way to start a network if they plan to stop servicing existing customers in the hunt for new customers (especially when existing customers are paid in a way at least for the LYF phone while new customers are just random prospects).

Throw away that sim and get a new sim under offer.

Keep trying CC ,they will extend your offer.

I had not made any calls from the phone for the last couple of weeks and when I tried to make calls to customer care, it seems outgoing calls are also not working on the SIM. It is 5 o clock now and their SMS mentioned 8:45 PM. Hope it gets extended.

I doubt they will extend the preview offer as they would have given at least some hint of the same in the SMS in case they were going to do so.

So, will the SIM deactivate and stop working? Has anybody else faced the preview offer end date?

In the SMS, they also mentioned, "To recharge from a range of packs using MyJio, click MyJio". So, is it possible to recharge from MyJio app in case the preview offer ends and the SIM is not deactivated? Previous I used to see recharge plans in the earlier MyJio App. I do not see that anymore. Is there any option to recharge from the MyJio app in case the offer ends. If so, how to recharge them. I do not see any option to recharge my own number. I can only see "Recharge Another Number".

I would like to inform that the SIM continued working even after the preview period ended yesterday. So, they have extended the preview offer it seems.

i got the same message that my services well stop by 28Aug & lets hope for the best, I'll update if got extended service.
getting a new Sim seems like pain in the ass standing for hours in long ques in Delhi
i believe if it stopped, i won't go for new Sim, jio giving 3-5 mbps poor than airtel 3g