Jio preview offer extended by 1 month

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 7,948
What happened to @RajanP ?
got busy with life.. I guess it's clear now that the sims can be used in any device.

Can anyone confirm, what does it show on MyJio app? It still shows 16 August for me however I received the SMS stating extension granted. Also confirmed the CS, they assured me it's extended. However, I'm still not sure why MyJio app still showing 16 August. I guess I've to face that hell Sign into network which I faced during my initial CAF rejection/approval cycle...

Woohoo! Can confirm SIM unlocked, able to enjoy Jio on my unlocked Huawei Airtel Mobile Wifi however unable to access Jio4GVoice app. 🙁

I wonder how is Jio4GVoice able to detect JioFi device?

PROOF:
Source

Jl0zL

Last edited:
@ngrhd is this the Airtel home wifi router CPE device? Or the small dongle??? I have the former, so if this is true then great! 😀

The SIMs use Serial number and IMEI to detect and lock devices...
No. If you have LYF unlimited plan, then only your phone is locked to LYF model. It can be any model irrespective of it's serial number. I have been using JIO's LYF Preview offer sim activated on Flame 1 on Water 1 since 2 months. The moment another plan is applied to your account, you can use the sim in any other device. But balance of data or call will be deducted from the non-LYF plan.

In a nutshell, neither Jio sims nor LYF handsets are locked. The network determines the lock depending on the plan applied to your phone number/account.

I meant like for activation,like if you get a new LYF offer SIM then you cannot use any LYF phone to activate your UL offer,it needs to be a IMEI+S/N which was never used for activation..

No. If you have LYF unlimited plan, then only your phone is locked to LYF model. It can be any model irrespective of it's serial number. I have been using JIO's LYF Preview offer sim activated on Flame 1 on Water 1 since 2 months. The moment another plan is applied to your account, you can use the sim in any other device. But balance of data or call will be deducted from the non-LYF plan.

In a nutshell, neither Jio sims nor LYF handsets are locked. The network determines the lock depending on the plan applied to your phone number/account.

But how is the Jio4GVoice able to detect whether I'm on JioFi device even though I'm on Jio IP?

I received a message today

Dear Customer,
Your Plan Unlimited Jio - LYF Prepaid Offer for Jio number 7xxxxxxxxx will expire on 08:45 PM Aug 25, 2016. To recharge from a range of packs using MyJio, click www.jio.com/GetMyJio
Thank you,
Team Jio

So, are they just deactivating the trial for existing LYF customers now while opening up to everyone with just a 4G phone. That sounds terrible for a possible loyal customer. Almost all of us bought the LYF phone just for the Jio offer and leaving them in the lurch is completely unethical while giving it out for free (those are not purchasing their phone too) to everyone else.

I would like to inform that the SIM continued working even after the preview period ended yesterday. So, they have extended the preview offer it seems.

However, calls/voice is not working on the SIM anymore. Not sure how to get that fixed. Not much of an issue as I only use data services and rarely use the voice services.