Jio prepaid to postpaid migration - experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 78069
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,728
D

Deleted member 78069

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Would like to share my experience of prepaid to postpaid migration, in Jio. (Please don't ask why I migrated 😂)

I went to Jio store - they redirected me to Reliance Digital.

There is no need to swap your SIM - existing SIM on your phone will be subscribed to postpaid.

When the store executive processed the connection on her device, it was displaying: "tele-verification PIN will be sent to your alternate number... (Dad's number, I do not have an alternate #)"

I asked whether one needs to do tele-verification, she said, it is not required (she later provided a contact card in case of any issues) To be on safer side, I called my Dad to forward me the PIN, and I received it.

I came out of the store after 10 minutes, was trying to call my Dad saying I would be picking him up on the way home - got a shock that my prepaid was deactivated and the IVR was asking for tele-verification PIN. I disconnected the call, dialled 1977 and entered PIN - my postpaid connection got activated.

I was thinking that it may take 4-24 hours for the conversion, but the shorter conversion time surprised me.

Last edited by a moderator:
why you migrated? 😗

Why did you migrate ? My friend who took postpaid is suffering since he is getting charged for all the non Jio calls as well as data after 25 gb. And there are no other plans to choose. Just one 199 plan. He ends up paying 450-500 every month.

@Dhiraj I don't get charged for any non Jio calls, I'm on postpaid since 2 years or so.

If 25 GB is not enough, you could even activate any prepaid plan as well, it's called pre on post or something.

My mobile date requirement is not much, I use perhaps 5-8 GB each month.

@Dhiraj Mobile data usage is about less than 10 GB monthly, and most of my contacts are on Jio.

But looking at yours and @varkey 's post above, are they treating postpaid customers differently with respect to off-net calls? What is going on?

Well, I didn't migrate from prepaid to postpaid, but I ported in directly to postpaid. Idk I tend to prefer postpaid. My usage is not much, and right now even prepaid costs around the same.

Another plus point of postpaid is that you get international roaming on PAYG rates wherever you go. Rs 2/min local and to India. Incoming also at Rs 2. It turned out to be really useful in couple of my trips last year.

Yup, I had the same experience. You need to pay a ₹349 deposit and then you’re set within 10 minutes. I migrated all 4 numbers in my family (all in my name) to postpaid and the process was seamless. Luckily you don’t need a sim swap, as 2 of the numbers are used by my parents who live in another city.
There’s a limit that you can’t migrate more than 2 numbers belonging to the same person in one day, so I had to visit the store twice.

Yeah, I moved to postpaid long before they introduced the 6p thingy. Guess I'm on the grandfathered plan.
My friend moved in later and hence he is getting charged 6p for every No jio call and there are no free minutes available. If someone needs international roaming , then it’s a win win or else it works out to be expensive being on postpaid now (new connections ).

I along with my father directly ported to jio postpaid this month from airtel prepaid. Call quality is superb and no drops even at places where internet speeds is dismissal. Signals at my home is good and get 20 to 50mbps depending on time of the day.

Only glitch is 'jio Autopay' is not enabling for both of us. Tried sending mail to jio but no help . Now raised complaint on ivr.
Can old jio postpaid user tell if their Autopay service is working or not ? We ger error that pls contact company administrator as this is corporate connection but we took connection on our individual aadhar. Also if try activatint on jio portal it says this service is currently not working please try after few days. Two different errors on app and portal seperately. I think it is messed up. My father needs to pay by credit card for seamless payments . Even I prefer this too from my card.

BTW from no. of user posting that they use jio postpaid it seems 199 plan is very much in demand even though it doesn't offer any offnet free calls. Even we thought so before going for postpaid and realised it is best

With launch of yearly plan on both airtel n jio need for postpaid is not much. International roaming is indeed an advantage but jio is always the reliance and you cant trust postpaid with them.

I along with my father directly ported to jio postpaid this month from airtel prepaid. Call quality is superb and no drops even at places where internet speeds is dismissal. Signals at my home is good and get 20 to 50mbps depending on time of the day.

Only glitch is 'jio Autopay' is not enabling for both of us. Tried sending mail to jio but no help . Now raised complaint on ivr.
Can old jio postpaid user tell if their Autopay service is working or not ? We ger error that pls contact company administrator as this is corporate connection but we took connection on our individual aadhar. Also if try activatint on jio portal it says this service is currently not working please try after few days. Two different errors on app and portal seperately. I think it is messed up. My father needs to pay by credit card for seamless payments . Even I prefer this too from my card.

BTW from no. of user posting that they use jio postpaid it seems 199 plan is very much in demand even though it doesn't offer any offnet free calls. Even we thought so before going for postpaid and realised it is best
Jio auto pay is not working for my friend too. Tried it a couple of times with different cards.

Jio auto pay works for all my numbers. Note that the money is not deducted on the date the bill is generated, but the last date of bill payment. One time I thought the auto pay isn’t working and paid my bill manually and the money was still deducted on the last date. Eventually it was adjusted in the next cycle.