Jio is sending texts to those who got sim withot e-KYC (customes before 5/9/16) to do e-KYC!

Have you done e-kyc?

• Total voters
I got the same message few days ago (without any last date mentioned) as I had got the SIM using PAN card and Ration Card as POI and POA. Got the eKYC done last Saturday.

I got the sim in May this year and e-kyc wasn't a prerequisite then. Hopefully they won't disconnect anytime soon.

I got SMS even when my number was obtained with Aadhar fingerprint authentication.

I received the message and I went to the reliance digital store with my adhar card to do the formality. I received the confirmation after 24 hours. Maybe they want to eliminate the users who were using false identity . The procedure is simple , You need to carry your orignal adhar card and your jio number with you. You get a otp on your phone ,give that to the representative of jio and then they do the finger print scanning after taking your adhar card . Thats it , it takes around 5 min max. Its the same procedure for buying a new sim also (atleast for prepaid for any network).