Jio fiber Wiring Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter icecool20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,050
ISP
Jio Fiber
Hi All,
I have a jio fiber at my place and except for a few instances, seems to work fine. I live in a multi storey apartment, and with most Jio installations, jio fiber cable
comes to my apartment (building), Once it enters my building, it is joined to a box (which is kept on the 4th floor common lobby. From this box, different connections
are routed to different flats in my building. My question is, can we get a separate box which can be kept inside my flat instead of the common lobby?
The reason for asking this is, of late we have had lots of disconnection issues, and it seems rats are nibbling at the wires kept in the common lobby.
So is it possible to get a box only for my flat? If yes, anyone knows what it will cost me?
Thanks

Most probably jio will not agree but you could always ask them. 'Them' means the guy in charge of your area. Frankly putting up a box in your house makes no sense as the wire will have to come thru your lobby area. I am guessing that's where the chewing up happens. Ask your society to contact your municipal ward, they should have a dept which handles such pests.

PS. I had read some years ago when a company had similar problems they got this investigated & found that male rats chew up FOC because they 'hum' at a frequency similar to female rates. No kidding. 😁

Last edited:
Don't know about Jio, but in my case Airtel has a common box on the terrace and individual Dp's for each of 10 floors from which connection for each of 4 flats are made available. Don't think it will be possible to setup dp individually for you, you can ask them if they can do it for every floor since you have rat issues. Ask the building secretary/chairman to raise this issue in written format. Get help from fellow Jio members to build pressure.
Frankly, this is just poor installation from Jio to save cost.

The rats have to be controlled by your society because again the cable has to be exposed or you can just run a metal casing like this
flexible-conduits-250x250.jpg

The plastic corrugated conduits are standard fittings & they do have a wire insert in it. Not sure how resistant it's to a rat.

Don't know about Jio, but in my case Airtel has a common box on the terrace and individual Dp's for each of 10 floors from which connection for each of 4 flats are made available. Don't think it will be possible to setup dp individually for you, you can ask them if they can do it for every floor since you have rat issues. Ask the building secretary/chairman to raise this issue in written format. Get help from fellow Jio members to build pressure.
Frankly, this is just poor installation from Jio to save cost.
Yes, It is indeed poor installation. I will check with Jio to see if they can do something about this. Thank you