Jio Fiber red light blinking issue randomly throughout the day

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashwin K
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 12,662
ISP
Jio Fiber , Jio Mobile , Airtel Mobile
i have a jio fiber connection which was installed back in December while installation they provided a JCOW404 Router while i didn't had any issue for 5 months
since june i started noticing my router restarts randomly throughout the day when it started happening it was like once a day or sometimes the restart issue happens in 3 to a week gap it will just redlight bliking and then go stable green i didn't bother as i thought maybe it was backend
then it kept increasing and increasing and since last 7 days my router just blinks redlight randomly like 8 to 9 times throughout the day what happens is it will be stable green everything will be fine then all of a sudden red light will start blinking and even after restarting the router it will still blink red light its like after some 10 or 20min after several restart attempts the router will go stable green i have raised service request like 3 times
the first engineer came and he said its a backend issue and it will be fixed in a day which it didn't unfortunately the second engineer came installed new patch cord and a white box and replaced the router with JCOW414 router as he even said this might be router issue as my internet works fine the rest of the time apart from that restart issue
but the issue is still there with the new router tooo the third engineer that came today was really a 6tth fail he didn't even understand the issue and said ye to naya lagra i said check the wires or the box where the connection comes as everything is replaced inside the house except the wires and the connection from the box but nah he was like nai nai uske karan nai hai the folk who came with him said do you turn off your router at night i said yes before sleep as i turn it off everyday probably on 11pm and turn it back on 8 or 9am in the morning as we have no usage at that time and had no isues in the past with doing that
that guy went like uske karan hoga redlight i was like loI and went away saying phir se hoga to batana then in the afternoon i called him and said problem phir se hora ab kya tujhe video calling karke dikhau he was like okay sir i will call you back after talking to customer care and call never came then i applied for one more technician visit and he we'll come tomorrow I Really cant understand what's the problem here why it restarts that randomly if some one knows about this please help me out thank you

Last edited:
mail to jio appellate

Check if the DC voltage supplied to the ONT is always continuous, stable and constant at 12 volts. An ever so slight reduction to even 11.7V for few milliseconds will trigger reboot.
TR69 can only intimate new firmware reboots. Poor/Loss in optical power is only supposed to render red light, not reboot.
All these leave only the power supply for troubleshoot from your end.

@smop when i issue happens its like this it will be stable green everything will be fine and then all of a sudden redlight blinking it will go stable green but it depends sometimes it goes stable green in 5 min or sometimes it takes half a day to even work so i dont think its a power issue as i also tried changing the sockets and connecting to a different socket still the issue is there

@smop another thing i noticed while all engineers checked the optical current the time of first engineer it showed something like 20.42
when second engineer checked it showed 23.24 something and when the third engineer checked it showed 24.62 is it normal to fluctuate fiber currents that much ?

No optical power remains static. If its -20 then will remain -20 forever.
Power changes only when:
  1. There is fiber bend or minor internal cut.
  2. OLT issue.
  3. FSA DP Box issue. Call the technician to check the connection from ONT to the box.
If the technician doesn't find any fault in your wire, it's most likely Jio's internal issue i.e. OLT and/or DP Box.

Without service request number appealte authority will do nothing and just generate one service request number from their end , appealte authority being the second level escalation needs a service request number first to deal with

First of all go ahead and generate a service request number then once the technician arrives ask him to check the optical power if it is alright then it is probably the router and the problem will likely persist once it reproduces itself you should go ahead and email to appellate authority for you region - https://www.jio.com/en-in/help-support/appellate-authority
They have already changed the router as I had written in the post please read the post and post replies

A
Power changes only when:
  2. OLT issue.
  3. FSA DP Box issue. Call the technician to check the connection from ONT to the box.
If the technician doesn't find any fault in your wire, it's most likely Jio's internal issue i.e. OLT and/or DP Bo

Power changes only when:
  2. OLT issue.
If the technician doesn't find any fault in your wire, it's most likely Jio's internal issue i.e. OLT and/or DP Both

Power changes only when:
  2. OLT issue.
If the technician doesn't find any fault in your wire, it's most likely Jio's internal issue i.e. OLT and/or DP Box.
As I said my optical fiber went from 19.xx Something to 24.XxSomething and I also noticed my fiber wire from pole 2 to pole 3 where the fat box is placed is hanging very low as it was pulled by a on passing big vehicle or probably done by the monkeys which visit my area very often they always sit and roam around the balcony through where the fiber wire goes from pole 2 to pole 3 iam sure my fiber wire is damaged as rest of the time the internet works fine it just suddenly starts blinking redlight randomly anytime in the day and then restores back to stable green sometimes in 5 min or sometimes it takes 20 min it happens 7 to 8 times a day

Ask them to change the fiber cable and then check the power.