Jio Fiber red light blinking issue randomly throughout the day

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashwin K
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 12,619
Does your actual internet stops working? If not then it is Jio as usual. When I had Jio connection it used to happen with me and it is kinda normal. You will see other threads about it and it is indeed something from their backend.

Ask them to change the fiber cable and then check the power.
yeah this time iam exactly planning to do that as i have opened another service request i said the same to the last engineer visited and it looks like he was scared of climbing on the pole as he disagreed to it completely and immediately collected the otp and ranned
out of the house

Does your actual internet stops working? If not then it is Jio as usual. When I had Jio connection it used to happen with me and it is kinda normal. You will see other threads about it and it is indeed something from their backend.
yes when the redlight blinking occurs my internet stops working

edit- guys finally fixed the issue by mailing the higher ups my issue was one off as they told they never seen before as i explained in my main post frequent red ight blinking through out the day finally this time after the pressure from the higher ups the technician came and luckily this time while he was there the router went red light when they checked the current while it was blinking red the current went surprisingly went from 21.xx something to straight 30.xx then they changed the wire and issue seems to be resolved now after running after them for 10 days and 5 technician visits changing router and connector at both end's changing wire fixed the issue as @smop said i think that was the issue and reason of huge current spikes that was sending my router power loss signals thankyou everyone for suggestions and help jio fiber guys are real pain to deal with they are only taught to check power and changing connector apart from that they have zero knowledge

EDIT 2 --- after posting the above edit1 post the infamous red light came back i was like after changing the wire .router ,patch cord and connector what could be the issue ?then i thought maybe it was a backend issue to confirm this i immediately ran to my neighbour's home to see there router status and to my surprise his router was blinking the same red light as mine and both of our router were out at the same time after this i again raised service request through head of jio in my city and informed this issue to him he sent a head network engineer who came called some bloke over his phone told his id and area service id and he told him to monitor my network while they were doing that technicians were checking my current again and again and as the current was spiking from 18.xx to 21.xx to straight 35.xx lmao the guy on the phone confirmed the issues as PON LOSS and another issue as Ipv6 is not resolving after 1 hour of doing this they went away by saying the issue 1 ipv6 issue has been fixed and the second GPON LOSS because of which my router was blinking redlight he said he raised the issue and the issue shouldn't happen anymore as their is currently right now work going on in your area at the moment assured me it will be fixed or call him back fingers crossed lets see what happens

Last edited:
edit 3 guys seems like it was a issue from their backend equipment somewhere in the exchange every connection that went from the same fat box as mine were all facing the same issue after that a head of jio and his network engineer visited my home and monitored the network they called some one in the exchange where all the fiber equipments are managed then on the call they were asking some one to pull something out and put back in and adjust the current guess that seems to fix the issue and its been more than 2 months everything is working fine