jio fiber - pfsense load balancer

• Thread starter Thread starter thejaguar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,199
ISP
ACT, Jio
Folks,

I have a primary connection with ACT (with static IP), but I wanted a load balancing / failover connection as a backup, so I got a trial offer from Jio today. Do I need to put the Jio router in bridge mode to be able to use it as a load balance option in pfsense? or can I connect it as is to my pfsense box and setup as WAN2?

Thanks!

A lot of users have complained that they are not able to set their JioFiber in bridge mode, so your only option would be to connect it as it is.

@Lolita_Magnum interesting. I see the option in my Jio router to put it in bridge mode. Are you suggesting that this mode isn't working as it's supposed to?

If I connect it as is, will it work? If yes, in what way would it be different than bridge mode?

Some issue with vlan settings I don't entirely remember the reason why bridge doesn't work. You can give it a try if you want.
I'm locked out of my own JioFiber router, so I can't really experiment myself anymore. (And no, resetting doesn't really help)

Connecting it as it is would create the unfortunate double nat situation, you can put the pfsense ip on DMZ, but that won't really make a difference since whole Jio's network is behind a CG-NAT. But generally this does work.

@Lolita_Magnum Jio router at my house has an option to switch from NAT to Classic Routing - would this prevent the double NAT issue?

Also, when load balancing with ACT as my primary (static IP), which IP address will be detected during browsing, etc?

Usually, the they should be in the same tier and the wan on the top, has its ip address detected, it depends on how you configure basically.