Jio Fiber New Bronze Plan 30Mbps performance with streaming HD/4K

• Thread starter Thread starter zervinb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 38,455
but i am not looking for job atm, 😉 but if the number of devices connecting to 30mbps is more than 2, you cannot expect smooth playback. so i would suggest everyone to go for 699 so there is more room for simultaneous streams.
One can easily connect 10+ devices with a good router unless all are sucking data heavily. 30mbps can play 5HD stream simultaneously if your router can handle the load.

I think 30 mbps plan is more than suitable for 4 to 5 people whose main usage will be youtube ,netflix etc. Since most of the sites are directly peered with jio and intelligent bandwidth management 5 people can enjoy stutter free videos. The problems comes when the use case is outside peered sphere,like downloads from some international servers or other work related stuffs, as less bandwidth can affect the user experience in a way when there is some international choking or something happens, say with 30 mbps speeds may gets less to 10mbps or some thing but with 100mbps plans u maybe getting 30 to 40 mbps during that times which is still good.
Just my thought

One can easily connect 10+ devices with a good router unless all are sucking data heavily. 30mbps can play 5HD stream simultaneously if your router can handle the load.
again.... resolution is not important... but bitrate at which the stream received is..... 🤦‍♂️.... you cannot stream 5HD videos @20mbps birate on 30mbps connection buddy....your "data heavy" reference is to bitrate of the video. higher the bitrate the more data it requires to stream.
I think 30 mbps plan is more than suitable for 4 to 5 people whose main usage will be youtube ,netflix etc. Since most of the sites are directly peered with jio and intelligent bandwidth management 5 people can enjoy stutter free videos. The problems comes when the use case is outside peered sphere,like downloads from some international servers or other work related stuffs, as less bandwidth can affect the user experience in a way when there is some international choking or something happens, say with 30 mbps speeds may gets less to 10mbps or some thing but with 100mbps plans u maybe getting 30 to 40 mbps during that times which is still good.
Just my thought
4 to 5 is a stretch unless they are all mobile devices (low bitrate low res).... ideally 2 high res devices streaming full length movie will be optimal. cause they will have very good bitrate coupled with higher resolution.

I don't know why people want to be so obsessively cheap about home broadband. 30Mbps is the entry level plan. It is for those who are poor or on extremely tight budgets. If you can afford an extra 300 per month, you are better off with 100Mbps. People spend hundreds, even thousands on going out to dinner or movies or buying a shirt but when it comes to home broadband which the whole household uses for 30 days a month they get so miserly. Yes, if you are really on the tightest of budgets then 30Mbps will work. If not, don't be cheap.

Its not about someone can afford or not. 30 mbps is more than enough if you are not watching 4K content. If ISP gives 30 mbps honestly then you can use 2-3 device smoothly.