Jio Fiber Concerns Vs ACT (Hyd)

• Thread starter Thread starter Stm444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,615
ISP
ACT Fibernet
Hi All,

Firstly this post "may" be a repeated one asking about already discussed stuff on this forum ! So sorry for that. However I was able to search few of my queries and get answers but not for all. So here are couple of things I need clarification on:

*After a lot of struggle with Excitel, I switched back to ACT(1M plan as of now) and parallelly recharged Jio(999 1M Plan) to see which one suits me the most.

1. Just wanted to know if there is a guest network available in Jio Router ? (JCO4032), I see the profiles and access points but all looks same except for the names, Also if there is a guest network will I be able to isolate guests from accessing the Jio router ? (LMUI is there but that doesnt work for me even when the option "Block access via Wifi is enabled)

2. Jio being able to snoop into their routers(Jio ONT), what is the point of using a personal router connected via wan port from Jio ONT ? (I cant even use guest network here) Also the devices connected to the personal router show up in the ui of jio router, rather what i expect is that the jio router should only show 1 client connected i.e., Personal Router ? (If this is not how it is, then the point of using personal router with Jio ?Clarify this please)

3. I used to have 100Mbps ACT connection(Hyd) and with power discount applied the final pice is around 6400 per 6M, and the Jio costs me 7000 for 6M Gold Plan(15days free in both Act and Jio)

BreakDown is Like:

Act 100Mbps: 6400+Subscriptions(Sunnxt/Hotstar Vip/Zee5) = 6400+950(Half yearly) = 7350

Jio 150Mbps:
7000 with all subscriptions including Prime(which I have until feb'21 already) + calling(Everyone of us have mobile recharges so landline doesnt matter)

100Mbps should be fine for my 4k tv and one full hd tv. (Not used in parallel though)

Using Jio my biggest concern is "Getting Observed/Snooped by Jio" !! (Not to mention that I heard ACT too uses DPI for data mining, so its okay for me, but more than that its a kind of uncomfortableness with Jio which can actually control everything on ONT remotely, Jio CC reads out my Wifi names and every other details when i called them for a issue troubleshooting 😂, where as with ACT its ATLEAST like I can control at my router end !! 😂)

Your Valuable Suggestions please ??

Yeah i work for jio. 😛 (Just kidding)

Those are allegations from others local operators to stop using jio. Definitely uneducated will belive that .
Every operator has your data.

"Even in developed countries some people belived that corona virus is spreading from 5G towers and burnt them. "

Finally.. Act is good in service and fast in hyderabad. Used that from when they started. First its "Beam Broadband". Act purchased it and changed the name.

Go for Act.
thank for reading and replying bro 😛
"Those are allegations from others local operators to stop using jio. Definitely uneducated will belive that .
Every operator has your data."

This is very true, I have reached out to LCO for an internet connection and had a discussion regarding the comparision of jio and theirs, they were like playing foul regarding Jio. I understand its a trick, Not just uneducated but its dar ka business, So not just ott and other offers from Jio but just I compared with ACT reliability over Jio and was confused to prefer any one from these.

"Even in developed countries some people belived that corona virus is spreading from 5G towers and burnt them. "

Hahahahaha 😁

"Finally.. Act is good in service and fast in hyderabad. Used that from when they started. First its "Beam Broadband". Act purchased it and changed the name."

True as I was also using ACT(Beam then) since 2012 and may be I'm inclined towards using it and finding few reasons to get back to ACT 😂 May be some time in future I may go with Jio 👍🏼

Appreciate the sense of humour and your help for me to decide, bro🙏🏼

Upvote 0