Jio disabled DMS Server

• Thread starter Thread starter fibergrid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 8,277
ISP
Jio
Hello

Until few days back I use to see DMS server being enable by default in Jio ONT, I tried disabling it when I was trying to access USB Pendrive out of curiosity. But I failed as that option was disabled, I concluded that those 2 USB ports are useless.

But today I opened the Jio ONT Gateway again and to my surprise DMS was disabled. I know I was never able to disable it so it was Jio who disabled it by themselves ... but why?

Anyone have any Idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 6.22.30 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 6.22.30 PM.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 850
dms is enabled on my end but i can only view my files in their shitty JIOHome app it seems. dont they offer files over smb or something. i actually wanna play the files using mxplayer

DMS is disabled now. Don't know why. Earlier, I could enable or disable it. Tried using it though, earlier. Had worked with a few problems. Now it's disabled, and the option to enable it is not given. They shouldn't do this as this is a feature that they advertise on their website.

Same happened with me it was enabled for me in the trial period and I found the feature very useful as I could use it as media server on my Android TV. But as soon as the trial period was over Jio disabled it from their backend.

I requested a visit for this problem, the technicians who came had no idea about it initially. Then they dialed a few phone numbers and told me that it was disabled for security reason.

Jio Is changing its terms every now and then.

Am on 699 and DMS is disabled. Tried CS more than 3 times yesterday and they keep on hold for so long to understand that the call disconnects... Access of USB files through Settop box from phone works though.

On the trial plan, JCOW414 router. Even if my DMS is enabled & some devices show up under network, I am not able to browse anything.
For firmware update to complete keep your ONT running during 12 am - 1 am. Mine suddenly rebooted at 12:30 am with latest fw automatically.

It is showing the brand of the pendrive & size, but not able to browse. FTP option is also not there.
In your case maybe there's a hard disk fault/partition fault- keep within NTFS, FAT32 (does not store>4gb files) or exFAT

Still it looks useless. This one is made by TeamF1 (acquired by D-Link), I have seen firewall (WAN accesss blocking) area is useless too. There you have only allow option beside the MAC address, you cannot deny WAN connection to any MAC address.
(for things such as printers, they best remain connected to LAN only).

Also D-Link too has deteriorated, some routers don't have firmware updates available on their site & my friend had WAN disconnection issues repeatedly. You just have to again & again open the admin page & click connect icon near the wan region [DIR-615 issue].

update: I just unplugged my device & its hot AF even though I was not accessing it.

Think all my pendrive data went to Jio for a backup 😉