JIO 4G TARIFF PLANS

• Thread starter Thread starter bsnlapp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 27,732
As we now know there will be 2 solutions.
1. LTE Home
2. FTTH Home
There are strong signals that RJio would like to capture complete ecosystem of infotainment as we can call it --> Quad play via FTTH solution.
1.High speed broadband (FTTH)
2.Voice
3.Landline
4.IPTV Service via Fiber.
If you have seen the FTTH demo image, we know there will be small antenna in the home for voice. So when inside the home, the calls made by their mobile will be via that antenna which connects to Fiber, so the towers outside are used only for providing bandwidth to people who are actually mobile, as I understand it. This FTTH solution has real possibility of being a disruptive game changer, as only RJio is said to be laying OFC in most areas of most major cities. So other comapnies, who are already panicking with the way RJio's vast OFC laying news is coming from even small cities and their FTTH plans are getting confirmed, are already cought napping and scrambling to connect atleast their BTS with OFC. There is no way however for them to match RJio provided RJio really covers these major cities with OFC as laying OFC takes time. If priced within 2000 for truly unlimited on net calls + high speed internet, RJio FTTH will be event of the magnitude of Black Swan. If only wishes were horses. 🙂
Sanket

@sanketindia BTW All MTNL exchanges in Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai & maybe be Thane also are already inter connected via Fiber Optic cable (discussed at length in another thread) , its been this way for a long time now but what they have done with this advantage is a all together another matter 🙁 In fact in my area even the cabinet is connected via FOC, all these jokers need to do is to bring this to my colony which is less than 100m. But no luck, they are just not interested - no reason why 🙁

kreacher10 said:
@sanketindia BTW All MTNL exchanges in Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai & maybe be Thane also are already inter connected via Fiber Optic cable (discussed at length in another thread) , its been this way for a long time now but what they have done with this advantage is a all together another matter 🙁 In fact in my area even the cabinet is connected via FOC, all these jokers need to do is to bring this to my colony which is less than 100m. But no luck, they are just not interested - no reason why 🙁
Rightly said. Echoed exactly my feelings. These people including other telcos are simply not interested. They just want status quo and continue to milk consumers in FUP and wireless stuff.
Like MTNL, even BSNL exchanges in almost all district headquarters are connected by OFC. And that is a lot. They are simply not ready to extend this to end consumer.
Lets be clear. even with existing infrastructure, BSNL can provide 8 Mbps speeds on copper lines. In fact all can. But they dont want to. They need ELE (Extinction Level Event) to wake up from their slumber. Lets hope RJio is that Black Swan.