Jet Airways Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 87,820
i sort of know the feeling. i do not manage a big brand. but i have repeatedly posted ahem ahem stuff accidentally on the forum/blog pages.

According to news report Jet airways has launched sm offer by which we can buy any domestic flight ticket @2250.But i m not getting dis tariff on any travel website evn not on jet airways website....Is there any catch..Evn spicejet n indigo has launched same offer lately...

not sure where you read about it...try this via site which has some tempting deals..i got saved 6000 odd on my return trip from bom to maa

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store/app/jet-airways/4765dcd9-6028-4ea4-8b1f-fb4948b6ecdd
Now book tickets, check flight status, manage your JetPrivilege account, avail special offers and do a whole lot more. This safe and secure travel tool helps you plan and stay connected with your travel plans anytime, anywhere.Features:1) Book Flights - Pay securely using your credit card. Also Pin your booked itinerary as a Tile on your phone2) JetPrivilege Loyalty Programme – Enroll or Access your JetPrivilege Account on the go3) Flight Status - Check real-time flights status by searching with your flight number, airport or route4) Flight Status Notification – Register for your flight status and get notified on any updates5) Get updates on the latest News and Special Offers6) Feedback - Share your experience on our services.
Isn't WP now getting richer with apps collection 🙂

Plane plunged 5000 feet and pilots were unaware!!

Jet Pilot was Asleep, Co-pilot was on iPad, Both Suspended

Sounds strange to me! Because this fall must be too slow otherwise rapid fall would create enough JERK to ALERT pilots.

Reasons given by both pilots seem "acceptable" though.

One said he was taking "controlled nap" allowed under rules.
Other said she was working on aircraft documents loaded on her iPad.

Yup. Media is making the pilot look like an arsehole when he was doing something perfectly legal. Scapegoat. The co-pilot is either lying or is incompetent.

Exactly, thats why I wonder, if there was a technical fault that flight plunged down on its own.

And so much of computer technology, dont they have alert system in cockpit?

Last edited:
sadly the pilots cannot even blame videshi takat or raajnaitic saajish for this fiasco.

Jet Airways not to charge fee for ticket cancellation within 24 hours | The Financial Express

Till now the airline was charging Rs 5,000 for cancelling an international journey ticket and Rs 3,000 for changing the journey date.
For the domestic sector, the fee for cancelling or changing the date of journey stood at Rs 1750.
The new initiative allows passengers to amend or cancel their booking without any penalty fee by simply using the “manage booking” facility, the airline said.
In case of a change in the booking while the penalty fees will be waived off, any additional amount due to the increase in fare will be applicable, it said, adding the “manage booking” facility can be accessed for bookings up to one hour prior to the departure of a domestic flights and up to three hours for an international flight.
“Guests can now enjoy peace of mind with the freedom to change or cancel one’s travel itinerary within 24 hours of booking by simply using manage booking on our website. This new initiative is another step towards our customer-centric approach to offer substantial convenience and ease,” Jet Airways Senior Vice President for Commercial Gaurang Shetty said.

Just got a mail for the same. But this rule will only apply if you buy from their website or mobile app. So I am guessing if I book through sites like makemytrip or Cleartrip, I would still get charged cancellation fees.

if they allowed third party partners to do the same, 😀 they would block all tickets and release them few hours before the flight 😀