Jet Airways Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 87,764
whoa this is heavy! 😕

More FFP mile for me 😀... but Sahara's failing standards will be hard to recover, especially with highly competitive pricing from Kingfisher.

Fundamental flaws of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner's design delay its first flight. Our trustworthy source informed us that the real reasons for the multiple delays (and many more once in the future) of the widely announced Dreamliner's first flight are because of the fundamental problems with the design of the aircraft. So far Boeing has not been able to resolve the issue, and it's unclear at the moment if such a solution can be found in the nearest future. The problem aroused due to in-flight vibration of the aircraft's wings. As we all know it the aircraft is designed to be able to achieve an unprecedented level the fuel economy. It became possible via application of the three major innovations: better engines, better aerodynamics, and the new light-weight composite materials, which this aircraft body is built of. In the present design the Boeing's engineers elongated the wings to achieve the higher lifting force and, also, decreased the wing's width and height (i.e. the crossection) in order to decrease the air drag force. These particular design specifics can be clearly seen from the sketches and the drawings of the airplane widely distributed by Boeing during its Dreamliner's promotion campaign. The long and narrow wings made of a strong, but flexible polymer composite happened to be prone to the low frequency large amplitude in-flight resonant vibrations. The computer simulations have shown that at certain conditions the airplane will start swinging its wings like a real bird. This could sound like a funny thing, but try tell it to those who are sitting in the cabin of the flying tin can (I should rather say - the flying paper cup). The effect of the wings vibration is familiar to anyone who ever flew in an airplane. For most of the present day's machines, however, it doesn't mean a real trouble, because their wings are stiff and rigid enough to resist the destructive effect of the vibration. In the current design of the Dreamliner the expected level of vibrations is many many folds higher, and, in addition, there is no easy solution to the problem. By increasing thickness of the wing's walls, replacing the wall's materials with heavier metal alloys, going back to the wider and taller wing crossection geometries, all of it will increase the weight and the drag force, which, in response, will translate into a poorer fuel economy and will make the Dreamliner to be less appealing and less competitive vs. its rival - the Airbus 380. So bad, by now Boeing has sold more than 500 of its non-flying Dreamsinkers. It's time to panic?! Ha! No doubt Boeing would really want to keep this information away from you, general public, as well as from its shareloosers. Have a great flight! Cheers,

And just today i read plans of Mumbai-Pune SHARED small planes for 500-800Rs!

now they might increase rates as well as two major competition is gone.

thats a big probability now. the airlines are making huge losses. this is how they are going to get back at the customers 😛air deccan spoilt the market with their cheap priced tickets. the company made losses from day one. they got acquired. kingfisher and jet joins hands. sahara is already gone. how many individual players are left?indigo? goair? indian? air india? mldr?

Is it really for "welfare of the employees"? OR some pre-planned firing and rehiring?

what he said was of course all PR bullshit.i think the government kicked their asses and got them to rehire most of them.

What would have really influenced Mr Naresh Goyal to change decision of his management? Was it pressure from govt, from MNS or his self-conscious.Political parties now fighting to take credit. Praful Patel earlier said that it was company's matter & govt will not interfere, & now claiming it was on his demand that decision was changed. On other side Shivsena saying its 'Workers Union' forced to change decision, and surprisingly Jet Employees probably believe it was Raj Thackeray who made decision to change.

i feel this is just a big joke. what happened when the oil prices were so high? they never complained then and didnt cut salaries.they're just making an excuse here.