JaxtrSMS

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 8,243
@ sa_kiranMay b the app for iPhone is still not that good. May be u cud wait for few updates to it for it to become useful for u! 🙂@ Misusing.....I agree with Manu here. Or that i havent completely understood the modus operandi u guys have mentioned. Coz its very logical to me - if ur cell is stolen, u will atleast take the pains to de-activate ur sim. And i dont think Jaxtr wud work in the name of a de-activated SIM.And 1 step further, u still have the option to get the same number on a new sim. So the moment u register on Jaxtr with that same number, on ur new phone, automatically the other phone will lose that account.It obviously wont support 1 particular number to operate from 2 different devices.

Downloaded it, sent a message to my mom (DND enabled) and it was delivered. No third party ads, but at the bottom it says that the message is sent via JaxtrSMS (don't remember the exact words). I'll still prefer to the FullOnSms app to send messages on 'black-out' days over JaxtrSMS.

What are the things that r better in that app? (I seriously dont know, so its a genuine question & no taunt!)Btw, why do u have to use it just on blackout days? If u use it daily, then u dont have to buy sms packs. I m so much relieved by this......i wud have been spending some 100 odd for sms pack & another 100 odd for Data. But now, its just Data.

It's similar to JextrSMS, but there is nothing saying that the message was sent via FullOnSms or any app.And I use it just on blackout days as I prefer just tapping on the forward button and sending messages or typing them out on my homescren widget rather than running the app and then sending them. It completely depends on personal preferences tbh.

Thats ryt. I copy the message text from my main messaging app & paste it in Jaxtr.

You guys should do what I do. Stop using SMS service at all. There are better ways to communicate.

But i just checked Fullon SMS. It doesnt allow u international msgs! I do have a sister living outside India & i used to send her limited messages till now - may be once a month or once a fortnight. Now i can send it daily.

actual phone calls?

instant messenger for folks who are online or have smartphones.

----------

But i just checked Fullon SMS. It doesnt allow u international msgs! I do have a sister living outside India & i used to send her limited messages till now - may be once a month or once a fortnight. Now i can send it daily.

if she has a smartphone... get whatsapp on both the devices and use it.

@ Sushubh.....

Still, there r many on my contacts, who dont use FB or other Social Networking. And messages help u keep in touch with everyone.

----------

if she has a smartphone... get whatsapp on both the devices and use it.

Nope. Brother in Law has an HTC Desire HD. But she doesnt use such phones!

There are so many options, Skype, WhatsApp, WLM, GTalk, Yahoo!, etc.

i understand that. this is where technical folks like you should work on getting your relatives with capable devices to switch to a better solution. people on smartphones communicating with people on smartphones through texts are well idiots.

And there are some jokes/quotes, for which if u call up the other person, it wud appear silly! 😀

----------

I get ur point! But u know, women are not much inclined to learn new gadgets. U wud hardly find few, who r enthusiastic to learn & use gadgets.

give a woman a blackberry and you would be surprised to see how fast she gets addicted to blackberry messenger.

I get ur point! But u know, women are not much inclined to learn new gadgets. U wud hardly find few, who r enthusiastic to learn & use gadgets.
SassiBob will be too upset on reading this! 😉