Java client cannot log you out?

• Thread starter Thread starter sidgupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,575

sidgupta

ISP
TATA
Hey,I am using the Java client provided by sify(labelled as MAC)im online in the last 24hrs without any disconnections;;The sify client would log me out regularlySo this client can't log me out?

i am not getting logged out on my 12 hrs night package... using the normal crap client...where are the java based clients accessible? mumbai only?they would s*ck even worse for PCs with average hardware. 🙁

So is it for Macs only, atleast as per Sify?Coz if it's Java it ought to work on a PC too, isn't it.

That's cool. That way it ought to work on both Windows and Linux B). I am gonna try it on both and see.The Sify client for PCs seems to be working fine too nowadays, as regards auto-logging out. Even I am surpised to find myself online after really long times of inactivity.The only trouble it offers is sometimes it doesn't log me in once. I have to kill it and try it twice or thrice sometimes. Seems this is an issue with ver. 2.52 as it has also been reported by many people here.

hey just think of one thing if we get 2 128k nite connectoins and login with both of them at the same time then we will get 256Kbps at 800 bux,lol, lemme try it tonite and i will report it here if it wrks 😛why do ya need to cutoff the username :huh: coz ur user name is sidhgupta its written there welcome ______ ,lol , u really r funny m8This is what i call observing power 😛 now is he after me???? 🤔 😱

hey one more thingie can anybody gimme a java client bcoz i seem to hav lost the address for the site where i download client from.
jsut gimme the directory structure or mail me the file at abhishek_vij2003@yahoo.com

The java client doesn't work for me on Windows too (Windows 98 SE). This despite the fact that I downloaded and installed J2RE Version 1.4.2_.x, a m@$$ive 14.2 MB download. I had J2RE Ver. 1.3.x_x prior to this which I have uninstalled.But the good news is the client works on Linux. I am using it right now 🙂. I have Knoppix 3.6 installed on my hard-disk which comes with Java 1.4.2_05 preinstalled.So we can now have a GUI client for Linux too 😀.But there's just one problem. The Network Troubleshooter part of the Java client doesn't execute correctly on Linux and instead gives execution errors. Small matter considering the official Sify client for Linux doesn't even have a Network Troubleshooter 😉.

You don't download the SDK, that's for Java developers and it comes with lots of extra MBs (tools for writing Java programs) 😛. You download the J2SE Runtime Environment or J2RE. But even the SDK has it included so use the rest of the SDK when you want to learn Java hehe.So it works for you on XP too 😉 .google_singh wonder whether you use Windows 98 like me since it doesn't work for you to😵n Linux it logs me in but it doesn't log me out, says "Invalid Session" instead and closes. I stay logged in though. No harm done on a time-unlimited package 🙂. Incidentally the command line Sify client for Linux also fails to log me out.