Jacques Kallis to retire at the end of current series against India

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
South Africa Cricket News: Jacques Kallis to retire after Durban Test | ESPN Cricinfo
Jacques Kallis, one of the game's greatest allrounders, will retire from Test cricket after the Boxing Day match against India. Kallis announced his decision on Wednesday, on the eve of the second Test against India, but stated that he would still like to play the 2015 World Cup for South Africa.In a statement, Kallis said: "It wasn't an easy decision, with Australia around the corner and the success this team is enjoying, but I feel the time is right. I don't see it as goodbye, I still have a lot of hunger to push South Africa to that World Cup in 2015 if I am fit and performing. The last two years specifically have been a memorable journey with an exceptional group of cricketers. I am fortunate enough to have ended my Test career amongst a group of talented cricketers but, more importantly, friends whom I will cherish for years to come."

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Test matches would probably retire before his records are broken.

Reactions: 1 person

vicky24

Regular
Regulars
Oct 22, 2011
Could have announced this after the series. This will be playing in the minds of the SA players and Indians should capitalize on this. No better opportunity to be the first sub continent team to register their first test series win in SA.

harry10

Regulars
Feb 16, 2009
Timing is absolutely right. He wasn't doing good off late. This being his worst year form wise. Will get a decent farewell atleast which he deserves. Btw no one will ever break Sachin's record :p

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
I see Cook as the nearest serious contender, but based on his current form, even he would struggle to make it

jazzyjazzy

Regular
Regulars
Nov 21, 2006
An extraordinary all rounder during most of his career and a good sportsman. Will rate him way higher than sehwag, bewan to name a few biggies of his time

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
jazzyjazzy said:
An extraordinary all rounder during most of his career and a good sportsman. Will rate him way higher than sehwag, bewan to name a few biggies of his time
Hey ..thats just like ..your opinion,man. Sehwag and Kallis ..apples and oranges.