iWebleaf will not launch any data modem or laptop.

• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 7,637

acc1444

Regular
ISP
Multiple
There was rumors on the internet about new innovation from two orrissa students. They invented data modem which they want to sell at cost of 1300/= and laptop at cost of 5000/= but today, one blog company got a letter regarding refusal of project from innovators. They have mentioned about their efforts which they have invested to bring their project up in the market. They want to launch these products for IT development of india. They had declared such low price because they want to make their products affordable for rural people but they fed up from government authorities of not having response. In addition, they have also mentioned that they got reply from one person that how could you invent these products which IITs could not invent it? So, how can you sell in to market? Even though they got offer from private companies who are willing to take their invention in the market but companies want them to own for their profit purpose which they did not want to do. As I said, they want to make affordable for rural people.I was waiting eagerly from iWebleaf to buy data modem. For that, I personally contacted them and talked regarding data modem but this update seems there is no chance of getting it by anyways.Really, this, time I like to say I am proud to be an indian but I am not proud be a part of indian system. This is not only one story which I heard. I heard these types of stories in my state, too. I let you,all know that most of inventions and new emerging technologies come from USA and any other countries. These only because their companies and their universities are supported by industries and government. I think you, all know it. God bless ****.I was able to post source but let me take confirmation from admin because I was banned last time by admin for posting some other article from that same website. Right now, you can find it but only on one website the article is written in descriptive manner.

I was waiting for their Modem priced at Rs.1300/- 🙁

I was waiting for their Modem priced at Rs.1300/- 🙁
Forget about it like me. They would never going to happen. Innovator are going to start their jobs soon.

To be really honest, I was looking forward to them as well.
But, I knew something like this is going to happen.
Their concept of Rs 1300 Data card and Rs 5000 Laptop was awesome? Indeed.

In addition, they have also mentioned that they got reply from one person that how could you invent these products which IITs could not invent it? So, how can you sell in to market?
I am speechless.

In addition, they have also mentioned that they got reply from one person that how could you invent these products which IITs could not invent it? So, how can you sell in to market?
I am speechless.
Yeah. This is little bit surprising. If authorities think that their innovation is useless, they will not get offer from private companies.
Authorities give more importance to college reputation more than innovation.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

I think they should give this issue to media for news paper article and they should sell rights of one product to private companies. So, they will get paid from private companies. From that, they can launch second product in the market.

Actually the thing is these guys came on NDTV and I saw the interview.
That was not enough, and Government of Orissa and Central Government rejected their product.
I have no idea why they got rejected.
By the specifications the product is quite good and absolute VFM. Priced at Rs 1300

Full Specifications

[*] HSDPA/UMTS on 850/1900/2100 MHz
[*] GSM/EDGE/GPRS on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
[*] Downlink upto 7.2Mbps and uplink upto 384kbps on HSDPA and UMTS capable networks
[*] In EDGE networks downlink upto 236kbps
[*] Use it as a pendrive Micro SD memory slot support memory card upto 4GB
[*] No additional software required: All software's inbuilt and automatically installed during the 1st use of device
[*] Supports DATA/SMS function
[*] USB 2.0 interface
[*] High performance internal Antenna
[*] Minimum disk space: 150 MB
[*] 18 month warranty
[*]Data card has a microSD card slot which can support upto 4GB. This makes the device a usb pen drive.
[*]Includes a mobile TV application! this opens access to 150 channels.
[*]Device can double up as wifi hotspot which can support upto 300 computers and 30 mobile phones at the same time. The Wi-fi connection would be WEP enabled.
[*]You can send SMS from PC/Laptop to any person from the SIM card without using your cell phone.
[/list]

Here is a full article

if you are shouting against brain-drain, time to shut up. A couple of months before we, at *********** shared a great story of innovation.

Two engineering students of orissa made a 3g usb modem which can be sold at just rs. 1300.later these two young innovators also made up a laptop which costs just rs. 5000.

They have a dream to make india more technically advanced, ray of technology will go to the remote parts of country with these ultra low cost devices.following we posted about iwebleaf data card it got overwhelmed response.

We got thousands of mails asking where and when to get it! Today we got a sad mail from the team iwebleaf saying they are discarding their innovative projects as they do not get any fund from state govt of orissa or central govt.

They are promised a lot, but nothing comes in reality. Their products are underestimated as these are not made by some studens of iit or any other reputed engineering colleges. Even showcasing their products on national tv channels like ndtv can not help them to get fundings.

Iwebleaf could choose the commercial way and start selling this products which will definitely get them profits. But they like to serve our poor countrymen to offer technology at an affordable price. But all go in vain, the students are joining in multi-national it companies very soon.

It should be noted our human resource development minister mr. Kapil sibbal showed a $35 tablet (developed by students and professors at india’s tech universities–including the iits of madras and bombay.) in august, 2010 under project sakshat which never see light of existence. Some already said this $35 tablet has strong resemblance with some chinese/taiwanese tablets. Even hcl, india’s it company said they had no association with this project. The tablet was due on jaunary, 2011.

India already refused to offer mit’s olpc to students and kapil sibbal quoted that tablet as an answer to mit’s $100 laptop. Indian government has its history of their false promises. Earlier in the beginning of 2009, indian government unveiled a $10 educational laptop which turned out to be a substandard flop receiving various negative views. All these can be filled up by the rs. 5000 laptop by these two young innovators of orissa. It seems mr. Sibbal is too busy with his telecom workload!

Today we got a mail from them which says they are quitting from rs. 5000 laptop & data card project at odisha. We are posting the mail as it is:

Dear sir/mam,

greetings of the day!!!

We both are very thankful for all your kind response regarding our new innovation. Hardly very few people appreciate for this kind of innovation nowadays. We have been working like hell since last year to bring out this concept into reality. The basic motto behind this product was to benefit the rural india(the common people) who are not able to afford too much to purchase a laptop for their child. This project could surely help increase the standard of primary education a lot. We have been running from pillar to post to convince the state govt. People. We already met all the higher big bosses of odisha govt which includes hob’ble it minister shri ramesh chandra majhi, it secy. Shri p.k. Jena,ias & chief secy. Shri b.k. Patnaik,ias. All the efforts are in vain as they are not responding in the right way and at right. All of them promised to help us a lot but when the output comes to reality is zero. Our very own cm, shri naveen patnaik despite all sorts of hue & cry by our media persons & also lots of efforts from our own side didn’t even bother him to have a meeting with us. This is the story at our state level.

Now talking about the central govt people who are associated with these kind of projects raised a big question mark on the credibility of our project & also completely underestimated us saying that: “how come you people design this product if an iitian was unable to do” because we are from odisha who is already treated as backward, poverty stricken & flood -stricken state.its very natural to hear from them in this kind of way because, if our very own state govt is unable to recognise & encourage us what else to expect from them.

Adding to the above things few mla & ministers from the state of tamilnadu ,haryana & jharkhand approached us to initiate this project at there state but we feel that our state grown technology seems to be no use at our state then its hard to deploy such things in other state. As odia people will not get any benefit of we will start this project in other state. So it’s better to shut down the process of inr 5000 laptop and data card.

We both are highly frustrated for what has been going on since last two months. Let me introduce something about our background; we both are from middle-class families & our company is a mere start-up having no such huge financial backup. We have been already offered jobs from mncs [tata consultancy services & cognizant] .we have received a number of proposals from private parties regarding funding but if we proceed on that basis naturally the price of the laptop will shoot up & ultimately our motto won’t be satisfied. The configuration of the laptop which we have designed comes up with a price tag of around 17,000 inr for any other brand. So a private party who will be funding will naturally think of his profit & the price will naturally be hiked and our dream for inr.5000 laptop will remain as it is.

But, sadly speaking we are really frustrated & heartbroken seeing the scenario of our government. Here & there also. While this govt. Is busy with the dal scam & mine scams as well as 2g scams.cwg scam they have very few time left to have a focus on such a nice project like ours. So, finally mr.chandrasekhar panda is leaving for tata consultancy services tomorrow (i.e. 25th march 2011) itself & mr swain will be also leaving for cognizant soon once he gets the confirmation date.

We heartily thank you all for your kind response without which we couldn’t have achieved even a single step of success. Wherever we may be, but we will never forget your dedicated hep & support in bringing us & our project into the limelight .we both are really helpless &hopeless, also sad to say that we cant wait anymore & we need to quit. So, all the public, media persons please forgive us if we have committed any sorts of mistake & most of all we couldn’t live up to your expectations. We hope now you all can clearly understand what was the real cause of quitting.

Hope that no one in odisha will face the situation that we have faced.

Jay jagannath

thanks & regards
saswat swain & chandrasekhar panda
iwebleaf global solutions

This is ridiculous, then why did they invented this low cost stuff?1300 is not that much cheap compared to 1600 idea net setter or Huawei 3g usb modems, still 7.2mbps speed looked attractive.Either they should not publicize these things if they cant sell it, else take the courage to sell it either through ebay india atleastThanksSam

This is ridiculous, then why did they invented this low cost stuff?

1300 is not that much cheap compared to 1600 idea net setter or Huawei 3g usb modems, still 7.2mbps speed looked attractive.

Either they should not publicize these things if they cant sell it, else take the courage to sell it either through ebay india atleast

Thanks
Sam

I think there plan was to launch low cost modem in the market which allow user to access and get similar performance like costly modems but no body supported them. In addition, they have tried to get support from state, central government and they have also tried to sell modems through Future Bazaar but from future bazaar also, I have heard anything about this.

On E-bay, they could do that but they were trying to look for big fund to sell modems nationwide and even they have said that they are poor family. Therefore, it was hard to sell. Their plan was not to earn profit only. I am little bit sure that if they might have started selling through E-bay, they would sufficient fund to launch them nationwide. However, there were lots of private companies which offered them to sell modems to them but they thought it would make product costly from consumers and they stopped trying and they moved to their routine lives by taking job in big companies.