It's raining Man!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,288

Mahesh1

ISP
Airtel 128kbps unlimited
My CTO shuts down the network the moment he sees the lightest signs of drizzle. He says it will kill the hubs an if theres a lightning it screw all the PCs on the network. If this is not insanity what is?Anyone else hearing this? :blink:

yeah. i am hearing this. and i can only say. sorry mate. i have been all this crap from ctos of Sify Broadband. wait for airtel to arrive or get back to bsnl.

:lol: yeah, happens here too. Sify connections are a patch job, put together somehow. "Jugaad" rules for them 😛Sify doesn't know how to run an ISP.

But it doesnt make sence. I thought this was an exclusive problem eith my CTO. You mean sify tells the CTOs to shut the network down???

But the phone lines are as suceptible to rain as the lan connections and the hubs. So this means all phone networks should be shut when its rainin. This is just ridiculous!!!

wait for airtel to arrive or get back to bsnl.[/b]

We already have both of them in our area, actually the airtel people even a put up a kiosk in our society last week. But i won't switch unless they offer much better service. Ithionk all of them are in the same boat, if u know what i mean.

If this is the way Sify connections are down during rains, I wonder what happens during monsoons. I took up Sify after the 2004 monsoon and it didn't really rain in Delhi too.

airtel... well the connectivity has been rock solid. and the packages are quite decent as well. customer support is excellent. the only problem... they do not have a 256kbps unlimited everything package for home. i am ready to get a 512kbps if they offer me that.

sushubh, Do you have any info on airtel's 64k unlimited pack. Do they cap download or speed like sify does??? I asked them and they said they dont have any such caps, but thats what sify told me (remember) when they sold the pack 🙁

as far as i know there r no caps on Airtel 64k connection.well my sify connection hasnt gone down even after heavy rain's today.my BA frm sify has invested enuf to make me feel atleast that he is tryin his best to provide connectivity.but then again its upto sify to provide us with some useful packages. :angry:

For me it's downtime when it rains, downtime when there's a power outage (hub/s hang/s) and the other downtimes as it is .

there are no caps as such. they have clearly mentioned the number of users the line would be splitted in. but in normal usage i have never seen my 128 line go below 12KBps. all of the guys i know have moved on from... sify, spectranet, local cable dudes to airtel. everyone seems to be quite satisfied.

Originally posted by Mahesh1@Mar 9 2005, 02:05 PM
My CTO shuts down the network the moment he sees the lightest signs of drizzle. He says it will kill the hubs an if theres a lightning it screw all the PCs on the network. If this is not insanity what is?

Anyone else hearing this?  :blink:
[snapback]6445[/snapback]
[/quote]

When I had Sify, I used to face the same problems. At least, other ISPs don't have this. Heck, I just witnessed one of the biggest thunder showers of the years, and my power didn't go off and neither did my internet 😀

Mahesh1 , are you the only user under ure cto/ba , im pretty sure ure not , get a few members , go to his office and physically threaten him, nonsense.. if its raining .. fcuk.. this is absolute bullsh*t.