Airtel Static IP Gigabit Speed Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter shahidcodes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 218
  • Views Views 18,416
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fibre
I’ve been enjoying 1G on static ip for quite sometime and since yesterday the speed to seems to be capped at the package speed. After talking to Airtel Engineer who comes to solve the issue, he told they put a bandwidth restriction based on the package from the OLT. Has anyone else faced this?

yup. not working any more now.

Edit: Time to leave Airtel.

Last edited:
Looks like they'll clamp down on it eventually..in phases.

I contact the local Airtel techlead in my city, he told me there was an update about this in May or June. Some popular tech YouTuber post about it how you can get 1Gbps in 40Mbps plan. All of the sudden, there was huge requests for static IP. So, they have been instructed to deny any static IP request to the personal connection at that time. But now a few days ago, they updated some Noida static IP gateway to force the speed limit. Fair data policy (3333 GB per month) is also implemented for static IP as well. So, this update will roll out to all gateways soon (at least in North India).

I also enjoyed 1Gbps almost for 1year 🫡

im on delhi gateway, lets see when it stops for me. Also they removed noida speedtest server which used to give unrestricted speed.

So, I changed my plan to the fastest speed available here i.e. 300mbps. But still getting slow speed on the static IP. PPPoE speed is as per plan.

I have put a mail to disable static IP and free internet. Browsing experience is damn slow though speeds are fine.