Issues with DI 624 Router connected to DSL 502T

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Can you post ADSL logs from your router? You can access logs from Router Status page, logs button is on left side. Post ALL pages of log.

pinshah

Here is the log file from my router, i enabled logging of drop packets and can now see many drop packets messages in the log. Have a look and please help. Interestingly, my triband worked uninterrupted for last 2 days and today again modem needs a restart every 20 - 30 mins. View attachment 375

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Originally posted by pinshah@Feb 3 2006, 04:28 PM
Again got disconnected so posting LOG NO 2
[snapback]41251[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think this log is from your WiFI router.

Can you post logs from D-Link router?

pinshah

I am not sure this log will be helpful as the date and time are incorrect and i m not sure how to set those. If you see my WIFI Router log a particular machine is constantly asking Lease and also there are some drop packets due to FIREWall, any idea abt these?Couple of my machines are connected to other networks via VPN.Pinakin

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
this log does not show any disconnection. send a log after you face disconnection.

seanthecool10

i have the same problem. but worse.. the only way i get connected to the internet is if my phones of the hook. .lol .. thts total crap.. had someone have a look at it ... its most likely a line problem .. but mtnl serivce being wht it is. .i just keep the phone of hte damn hook.. tired of calling.. :blink:

pinshah

Originally posted by netfreak@Feb 3 2006, 06:40 PM
this log does not show any disconnection. send a log after you face disconnection.
[snapback]41255[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats the only thing in my log, in addition i couldnt find any thing on the DSL modem for setting log options.

I suspect that my modem firmware or the hardware hangs after few minutes. I m trying to get a modem from my friend who also uses MTNL Triband.

No offence but as my friend responded I am also tired of talking to the Pandeys and Tiwaris and Shuklas. God Help MTNL.This is another classic example of why the govt shld disinvest the CRAPPY ORGANISATIONS :D

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Originally posted by pinshah@Feb 5 2006, 03:34 PM
I am also tired of talking to the Pandeys and Tiwaris and Shuklas. God Help MTNL.This is another classic example of why the govt shld disinvest the CRAPPY ORGANISATIONS :D
[snapback]41447[/snapback]
[/quote]

MTNL is cental govt owned company, so you will find quite a few people from out of state. This wont happen in some state govt owned companey or dept e.g. MSEB.

That is the case in every state.

pinshah

Got a call from MTNL and they asked me to reset the modem. And guess what? as expected it is STILL NOT WORKING :) So at the moment untill a miracle happens I have to restart the modem every 30 - 40 minsI think I should sue MTNL in the Consumer Protection Court, What you think guys?