Issues with Broadband connection using UT300RTU

• Thread starter Thread starter silas2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,499

silas2

ISP
BSNL
Hi, I am from chennai and i took up a new Connection with Dataone. Every thing Went Fine . But from Yesturday i dont Have internet connection . When i called the Help Desk . They Said its issue with Exchange. Today i got a call and They asked me to Get into Router page . Under Advanced Setup I had to change the user name and password. the default usename was MULTIPLAY and Some Password. I changed to My Username and Password and tried connecting the Net . There was No Go. he asked me to reset the modem . When i checked Afain the the PPope usename and password changed Again to MULTIPLAY I am Fed Up. Do u have Any Clue. I use dialler option to connect to Net . silas

Welcome Broadbandforum.in
When you open 192.168.1.1 to program the modem
what is the ID and password you use ? admin password utstar confirm.
In the dialer what is the ID and password you use ? ID multiplay password xxxxxxxxx confirm.
When you use dialup mode("bridged")your USERID and password are not entered in the modem.
It is for "always on" PPP/PPPoE enter without @bsnl.in
Para two : When you make changes in the modem settings SAVE/Reboot and
wait at least for two minutes.

UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU

You didt get my problem

See when they called Up and when i entered the router page the user name was MULTIPLAY. under wan setup then i changed it to My username .

I reset the modem and when i checked back the username was MULTIPLAY.

silas

Welcome Broadbandforum.in
When you open 192.168.1.1 to program the modem
what is the ID and password you use ? admin password utstar confirm.
In the dialer what is the ID and password you use ? ID multiplay password xxxxxxxxx confirm.
When you use dialup mode(\"bridged\")your USERID and password are not entered in the modem.
It is for \"always on\" PPP/PPPoE enter without @bsnl.in
Para two : When you make changes in the modem settings SAVE/Reboot and
wait at least for two minutes.

UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU

1.post screenshot of the page.2.Go to diagnostics page and see where is the problem.

what essebebe is saying is that you need to enter a username & password when you try to open modem configuration page using 192.168.1.1 & that username is not multiplay.i got the bsnl router & under advanced setup there is multiplay set as username along with a password.i haven't changed these settings as these settings are pre configured by bsnl.if you use bridged mode in connection settings then you don't have to enter your username & password to connect to bsnl anywhere in your modem.when i got the modem all i did was change to bridged mode under connection settings after bsnl person told me so.i suggest you reset your modem settings to default by using option.then under connection settings change to bridged mode & that's it.now try to connect & see that adsl link light is not blinking but is steady(in my modem it is yellow).also when you try to connect & get an error write its code like error 678 or 619 etc. & click on more info to see what this error means.this is also helpful.

@whitestar_999. Thanks for additional input. People posting here ,
feel, that when you respond you have the same modem
what they are using. I also don't know anything about this "Multiplay"
that is why I asked for a screen shot.
http://i9.tinypic.com/81gwtw7.jpg