Issues in Voice Calling on FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivam15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 14,405
The ONT devices are designed to work with -27/-28 dBm input power level at the minimum, however it works even when the signal is lower than that but ofcourse it can get unpredictable as it's outside manufacturer specifications.

There is no real difference for internet and voice with respect to the optical power level. Your problem atleast now, is not the optical power level. Probably a bad ONT device perhaps. Or check your power adapter of the ONT, it can be faulty too.

Thank you sir for your idea... I got my Adapter changed and its working smoothly now.. Power is 29 even then its working well. And ringing issue was there that it ringed only once.. Now its ringing properly for longer time.

recently activated Voice on my BSNL FTTH. But there is some issues, calls are coming on the landline from other Landlines & BSNL Mobile.. But not coming from Airtel, Vodafone to Landline.. Anybody knows the reason? If anyone has solved the issue let me know 🙂

Im still facing that strange issue previously mentioned in this thread. landline to other bsnl mobile just doesnt work.

if you are using Syrotech or optilink FTTH router then this reply for you.
actually this is small config mistake in those routers.

what you have to do is to go to application -->VOIP --> advance settings and --> Heart beat cycle[0😀isable ] by default it is 0
you just need to change it to 50-60.
thats it.
now save and in status check it is registered

call to landline now you will get full ring as normal telephone ring.

THanks

In my case there is problem when calls are made from landline to other bsnl mobile numbers. Calls are getting picked up but no voice but bsnl mobile to landline works fine. No problem for other networks as of now. Never tried landline to other landline. We also use Panasonic cordless phone for this connection.
hi
same problem with me but i found better solution.
go to your router and in VOIP advance settings. check where is heart bit mentioed. change the value from 0 to 60
thats it.

thanks