Issue with new connection of Beam Fiber

sarikiran

[OP]
Sep 19, 2011
Beam cable service is poor. I have applied for a new connection 2 weeks back on assurance from Beam marketing executive that it will be installed in 1 or 2 days. I have been calling the call center on all these days and couldn't get the proper response. They have been telling like give 2 days time and it will be done. Later I realized that these are all false promises. Every time I call their call center, they raise a new ticket and I have list of 7 or 8 such tickets. It is a bad service from Beam, as they focused on quantity, not quality of service. My suggestion "Don't go with Beam".Regard,Kiran

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
:p in my area i got it after 2 days and numerous phone calls! BUT the connection is *AWESOME* just try it for one month bro ...not satisfied...remove it :D

audioslave

What?
Regulars
Jul 9, 2011
@sarikiran,
Just a simple advice bro, Go to your nearest Police Station and lodge a complaint mentioned the mobile number of the Sales person who Collected money from you. No, I am not Joking

Recently A friend of mine who paid Advance For Half Year was not Given a connection from two months, I advised him to do so and actually it worked he was Refunded! :)

sarikiran

[OP]
Sep 19, 2011
Luckily, the connection has been installed yesterday, after so much of esclation. I was about to cancel the connection. Anyhow, it is done for now. I had checked the connection, working quite Ok. My plan is B-Max-600, 1 Mbps unlimited. I found browsing is bit slow, but downloads are fast. download speed is around 800 to 960 Kbps, which I think is Ok.

ulysses

Regular
Regulars
Feb 25, 2011
:p in my area i got it after 2 days and numerous phone calls!

BUT the connection is *AWESOME* just try it for one month bro ...not satisfied...remove it :D
what plan you are in ? 1 mbps or 10 mbps ? How much installation? How much they collect up front? 1st month + instal fee? or any security deposit ?
Could you please post a speed test ? :tranquillity:

----------

Luckily, the connection has been installed yesterday, after so much of esclation. I was about to cancel the connection. Anyhow, it is done for now.
I had checked the connection, working quite Ok. My plan is B-Max-600, 1 Mbps unlimited. I found browsing is bit slow, but downloads are fast. download speed is around 800 to 960 Kbps, which I think is Ok.
Sai
Your 1 mbps unlimited is Rs 500-600+ tax? your download in MDMA is around 100-120 KBPS is not bad. could you post a speed test ?
http://www.speedtest.net

After getting used to 2-5 mbps 3g ,difficult to go back . what speeds one could get in 10 mbps connection? say 2-3 Mbps ?

audioslave

What?
Regulars
Jul 9, 2011
Luckily, the connection has been installed yesterday, after so much of esclation. I was about to cancel the connection. Anyhow, it is done for now.
I had checked the connection, working quite Ok. My plan is B-Max-600, 1 Mbps unlimited. I found browsing is bit slow, but downloads are fast. download speed is around 800 to 960 Kbps, which I think is Ok.
ISP always sell it in Kilobits.. Download Speed is always in Bytes(KBps) and Browsing speed in Bits(Kbps), So please don't confuse us.

@ulysses

[*]1Mbps for Rs600 (All inclusive of Taxes) you can still browse at 786kbps after finishing an Quota of 20Gb
[*]They Dont Collect Deposits, If you choose monthly basis then you should pay installation Fee of 500 Bucks or else it is free for half yearly and Yearly packages.
[*]After finishing Fup Quota in 1000plan, you will get 2mbps.
[/list]

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
what plan you are in ? 1 mbps or 10 mbps ? How much installation? How much they collect up front? 1st month + instal fee? or any security deposit ?
Could you please post a speed test ? :tranquillity:

----------

Sai
Your 1 mbps unlimited is Rs 500-600+ tax? your download in MDMA is around 100-120 KBPS is not bad. could you post a speed test ?

After getting used to 2-5 mbps 3g ,difficult to go back . what speeds one could get in 10 mbps connection? say 2-3 Mbps ?

Am on 10 mbps plan bro! per month Rs1000 speed is 10mbps....
i get download speeds of 1MBps on HTTP downloads and on good torrentS :)
5 months back they took 1000rs for installations..but some of my friends who took beam connection recently in my area told me that they're offering free installation in my area :[