Issue with new connection of Beam Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter sarikiran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,548

sarikiran

ISP
Airtel, Beam
Beam cable service is poor. I have applied for a new connection 2 weeks back on assurance from Beam marketing executive that it will be installed in 1 or 2 days. I have been calling the call center on all these days and couldn't get the proper response. They have been telling like give 2 days time and it will be done. Later I realized that these are all false promises. Every time I call their call center, they raise a new ticket and I have list of 7 or 8 such tickets. It is a bad service from Beam, as they focused on quantity, not quality of service. My suggestion "Don't go with Beam".Regard,Kiran

till now no installation done. So, asked for refund of the money.

😛 in my area i got it after 2 days and numerous phone calls! BUT the connection is *AWESOME* just try it for one month bro ...not satisfied...remove it 😀

@sarikiran,
Just a simple advice bro, Go to your nearest Police Station and lodge a complaint mentioned the mobile number of the Sales person who Collected money from you. No, I am not Joking

Recently A friend of mine who paid Advance For Half Year was not Given a connection from two months, I advised him to do so and actually it worked he was Refunded! 🙂

Luckily, the connection has been installed yesterday, after so much of esclation. I was about to cancel the connection. Anyhow, it is done for now. I had checked the connection, working quite Ok. My plan is B-Max-600, 1 Mbps unlimited. I found browsing is bit slow, but downloads are fast. download speed is around 800 to 960 Kbps, which I think is Ok.

😛 in my area i got it after 2 days and numerous phone calls!

BUT the connection is *AWESOME* just try it for one month bro ...not satisfied...remove it 😀
what plan you are in ? 1 mbps or 10 mbps ? How much installation? How much they collect up front? 1st month + instal fee? or any security deposit ?
Could you please post a speed test ? :tranquillity:

----------

Luckily, the connection has been installed yesterday, after so much of esclation. I was about to cancel the connection. Anyhow, it is done for now.
I had checked the connection, working quite Ok. My plan is B-Max-600, 1 Mbps unlimited. I found browsing is bit slow, but downloads are fast. download speed is around 800 to 960 Kbps, which I think is Ok.
Sai
Your 1 mbps unlimited is Rs 500-600+ tax? your download in MDMA is around 100-120 KBPS is not bad. could you post a speed test ?
https://www.speedtest.net

After getting used to 2-5 mbps 3g ,difficult to go back . what speeds one could get in 10 mbps connection? say 2-3 Mbps ?

Luckily, the connection has been installed yesterday, after so much of esclation. I was about to cancel the connection. Anyhow, it is done for now.
I had checked the connection, working quite Ok. My plan is B-Max-600, 1 Mbps unlimited. I found browsing is bit slow, but downloads are fast. download speed is around 800 to 960 Kbps, which I think is Ok.
ISP always sell it in Kilobits.. Download Speed is always in Bytes(KBps) and Browsing speed in Bits(Kbps), So please don't confuse us.

@ulysses

[*]1Mbps for Rs600 (All inclusive of Taxes) you can still browse at 786kbps after finishing an Quota of 20Gb
[*]They Dont Collect Deposits, If you choose monthly basis then you should pay installation Fee of 500 Bucks or else it is free for half yearly and Yearly packages.
[*]After finishing Fup Quota in 1000plan, you will get 2mbps.
[/list]

what plan you are in ? 1 mbps or 10 mbps ? How much installation? How much they collect up front? 1st month + instal fee? or any security deposit ?
Could you please post a speed test ? :tranquillity:

----------

Sai
Your 1 mbps unlimited is Rs 500-600+ tax? your download in MDMA is around 100-120 KBPS is not bad. could you post a speed test ?

After getting used to 2-5 mbps 3g ,difficult to go back . what speeds one could get in 10 mbps connection? say 2-3 Mbps ?

Am on 10 mbps plan bro! per month Rs1000 speed is 10mbps....
i get download speeds of 1MBps on HTTP downloads and on good torrentS 🙂
5 months back they took 1000rs for installations..but some of my friends who took beam connection recently in my area told me that they're offering free installation in my area :[