Issue with D-Link 2750 U

ISP
Airtel
Hi, I have taken Airtel Broadband connection and purchased D-Link 2750U wifi routher (with modem). but when engineer came to install he said Airtel does not provide some TR-069 firmware for this model.

They said i have to take D-Link 2730U. I am shocked that ISP like airtel is giving such kind of service. Please let me now if anyone know about the firmware for 2750U model.

Its well known service provider and restricting its customer like this is disappointing. D-Link is well known and established Brand and airtel must support it.

Please help.

Thanks,
Amit

They said something similar to another customer that he would need to buy a new modem because his current modem is not secure enough or something.

Tr-069 is a router specification which is used for remote management of any adsl modem. If you go into your router settings under Management tab you'll see there is TR-069 support in this router built in.

Moreover you only need to know your adsl username and password from airtel and the configuration is very easy for anyone with so many tutorials on web.

They also use this option to change the Router login password so that the Router control stay with them, and basically you can't even access your own router to play with wifi settings.

So all this is pure crap BS. Just ask your account username and password and do away with them.

Thanks rj27, i purchased this router after checking TR-069 option. I saw it in this model then only i purchased it.
As per your instruction will ask about my credentials and will configure by my own.

I was just scared if i may not access internet with his model.

Plus Airtel is a shitty company. You would eventually learn to deal with them 😀